What's inside a AppleCare box?

cheungpat

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 26, 2005
Really, what's inside an AppleCare box? A paper? A manual? What?

Thanks.

DavidLeblond

macrumors 68020
Jan 6, 2004
Raleigh, NC
Mine had a CD with a hardware test on it, along with a piece of paper that told you how to link Applecare with your computer (in my case an iBook)

I, of course, chose not to read that piece of paper and was surprised when I was told I couldn't get my iBook repaired 2 years later! So its important to actually OPEN the Applecare box. ;)

Of course, Apple let me slide and started my Applecare after I proved that I bought it at the same time as my iBook.

Spectrum

macrumors 65816
Mar 23, 2005
Never quite sure
DavidLeblond said:
Mine had a CD with a hardware test on it, along with a piece of paper that told you how to link Applecare with your computer (in my case an iBook)

I, of course, chose not to read that piece of paper and was surprised when I was told I couldn't get my iBook repaired 2 years later! So its important to actually OPEN the Applecare box. ;)

Of course, Apple let me slide and started my Applecare after I proved that I bought it at the same time as my iBook.
...you have to do what?!?!!!

azzurri000

macrumors 6502
Nov 9, 2005
My (iPod) AppleCare box came in a huge packing box... I found that very odd.

The actual AppleCare box, though, only contained a little booklet describing what the extended warranty covers, and a paper with a registration number.

There was so much packaging for only a few papers... are envelopes out of style or something? Are the big boxes supposed to make me feel like I made a worthwhile purchase? I don't know...

I wish they had given me some stickers!

apfhex

macrumors 68030
Aug 8, 2006
Northern California
If you, say, ordered Apple Care with your Mac Pro/ACD purchase, will you get a box? I never got any information with my ACD, though it supposedly "shipped" with it (it's on the same email invoice).

Dr. Technology

macrumors newbie
Sep 7, 2006
apfhex said:
If you, say, ordered Apple Care with your Mac Pro/ACD purchase, will you get a box? I never got any information with my ACD, though it supposedly "shipped" with it (it's on the same email invoice).
I had that exact same question, so I called Apple today to find out what happened to my Apple Care box. According to the Apple guy I spoke to, they no longer send you a box. They just sign you up. So, to answer the question in this thread's title, nothing.

Coolerking

macrumors member
Aug 11, 2006
A picture of Steve in a banana outfit doing the peanut butter jelly time dance?

Sorry...its getting late for me :D