Price Advice whats it worth? 2010 macbook pro

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by anthdci, Jul 31, 2015.

1. anthdci, Jul 31, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 31, 2015

anthdci macrumors 6502

I have a 15" 2010 macbook pro that I am thinking of selling if it is worth it. It is a 2.6ghz i7, 4gb ram, 500gb hdd. Its in pretty good condition in general. I'm busy creating a yosemite usb boot drive to get it built and checkout the battery.

Anyone got any idea what it is worth? I was thinking about £250 (GBP)?

Whoops wrong forum, can a mod please move it?

2. keysofanxiety macrumors 604

keysofanxiety

You can definitely, definitely get more than £250 for it. However I'd recommend maxing out the RAM and throwing an SSD in there. It'll be like a new computer.

3. anthdci thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks, but work have provided me with a new(ish) 15" retina with an i7, 16gb ram and a 512gb SSD so I it is just going to sit there, I get married in October but more importantly I've got a stag to to pay for which the cash would come in useful for.

4. keysofanxiety macrumors 604

keysofanxiety

Ah right. Well providing it's in good nick, the hard-drive's OK and stuff, I'd say £450 minimum. Just be careful where you sell it … You'll have loads of people on Gumtree trying to rip you off/request shipping/Paypal, eBay on the other hand will take a large portion of fees …

5. anthdci thread starter macrumors 6502

I'd rather large fees so that its secure. What is the best way to give its battery life, obviously its a 5 year old laptop so its got wear on it and the tech is a few generations behind. I can say how many cycles but is there a typical cycle i can put it through? something like running a video none stop while on wifi and on medium brightness?

6. anthdci thread starter macrumors 6502

*thanks the mod that moved the thread, its the first time ive reported my own thread!*