What's killing my battery?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by doctapeppa, May 20, 2011.

1. doctapeppa macrumors 6502

I've always been jailbroken but yesteray I was messing with my phone and installed some new things and today, I haven't used it more than usual and my battery is down to 35% at 1pm. I usually have like 60 or 70 at this time.

I installled:

Snappy
    Winterboard and "A Unique HD" theme.
    Spring flash.

Those are the only changes I made to the phone.

Any idea which of these could drain my battery? Im hoping someone might know the answer because it will take me days to remove each one and see which is responsible.

Oh, I'm on 4.3.3 iphone 4

2. Benji222 macrumors 65816

Benji222

I hear springflash isnt great on battery but I use it on mine with no problems.
    maybe try a fresh jb?

3. h1r0ll3r macrumors 68040

h1r0ll3r

Are those the only things you have installed on your phone? Doesn't make sense that any of those would be battery hogs since Snappy & Springflash need to be manually activated and I doubt a theme would kill so much of the battery on your phone. I'm guessing something else is at play here other than the three things you listed above.

4. LMD75 macrumors 6502

I have Springflash installed and never had a problems with battery decrease either. Do you have something like Skype installed and running in the background?

5. heisenberg123 macrumors 603

heisenberg123

i find those word games to be huge killers like Word Feud or Words with friends

when i play those games i would be at about 50% at 330pm, today im still at 81% and thats really the only difference today i havnt played those games

6. Pink∆Floyd macrumors 68020

Pink∆Floyd

7. twoism macrumors member

I'm having the same problem. The only significant things I have installed are biteSMS, Notifier +, and SBSettings, which is no different than my previous JB except that I'm now getting much worse battery life.

8. Cap41 macrumors 6502

When i JB on 4.3.3 i didnt realize but some how i left personal hotspot on. Make sure its not on. I was killing battery in 8 hrs.

9. doctapeppa thread starter macrumors 6502

Well, no those aren't the only things. I have a crap load of things installed. Those are the only new things I have since the problem started. Oh and Folder enhancer is also new.