What's left to add to iOS and the iPhone/iPod Touch?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by chocboy, Nov 15, 2010.

1. chocboy macrumors newbie

It is my firm opinion that we are now entering the point-of-no-impovement for the iPod Touch and iPhone. Without hardware modifications, I'm wondering what is worthwhile adding?

We've got multitasking. We've got the much-wanted camera on the iTouch. We've got Bluetooth, 24/7 Wi-Fi, AirPlay, integrated mics, FaceTime, Safari, etc. Without making an entirely new iPod or iPhone, what can be added to make future updates like 5.0 and 6.0 worthwhile?

The only thing I can think of would be adding 3G capability to the iPod Touch, in a similar state like the iPad. But of course, this requires hardcore redesigning, and you might ass well make an entirely new iPod.

Post features that YOU would like to see. A Samsung Epic-like kickstand? How about fingerprint capability? But I'd like to see what software features are desired. Because iOS is pushing up against the hardware, and I think Apple's going to have to completely redesign both devices in terms of hardware to allow for better features.

2. Maclver macrumors 68020

Maclver

3. Austin M. macrumors 6502a

Austin M.

I wish this thread had a like button... because I would hit the like button a thousand times... :D

4. Maclver macrumors 68020

Maclver

How does this thread have 17,000 views and only 11 post?