Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacDevil7334

Contributor
Oct 15, 2011
Austin TX
I can't believe we are now on the 6th iteration of iOS and still don't have a quick way to access settings toggles (Notification Center for example). From the keynote pics, it looks like the Bluetooth toggle has been moved out to the front page of the settings app. This is a good start but they could have done so much better.

Apple...

macrumors 68020
Original poster
May 6, 2010
The United States
I can't believe we are now on the 6th iteration of iOS and still don't have a quick way to access settings toggles (Notification Center for example). From the keynote pics, it looks like the Bluetooth toggle has been moved out to the front page of the settings app. This is a good start but they could have done so much better.
Agreed. I really don't understand this.

chris2k5

macrumors 6502a
Jun 30, 2010
Off the top of my head, I kinda want the weather app rehauled with maps of our current location with animated maps to show oncoming rain or snow etc...

I also would love automatic app updates. I hate how I have to manually tell it to update apps!

AndyK

macrumors 65816
Jan 10, 2008
Terra

This was a feature I was really hoping for as well. I also don't see why we can't have a quick reply to message either.

-Knight-

macrumors 6502a
Jun 25, 2010
Miami, FL
Files for photos, Live backgrounds, Live icons would be cool. Just a few small things I would of liked. And of course better integration for the notifications between the ipad and the iphone. Maybe this might still get done with ios6 i hope.

Orlandu

macrumors 6502
Oct 5, 2010
Siri for iPhone 4. Granted, I'll be getting the next iphone in September/October when it releases, but that's 3-4 months without all the cool Siri integration they're putting in.

Cod3rror

macrumors 68000
Apr 18, 2010

Don't worry, instead of quick access to the settings they put Facebook and Twitter shortcuts there.

WTF!?

What about the YouTube app that hasn't been updated for years?
Live icons?
Third party widgets in notification center?
Spotlight integration into the notification center?
Zephyr integration?
Safari unified address bar?
Private switch IN Safari, not in settings?
Prevent shut down when the phone is locked?

Other than Maps, which look like don't have an offline option, what was impressive?

Apple is getting really stale with iOS, Forstall should stop watching those Giants less concentrate on iOS more.

Apple...

macrumors 68020
Original poster
May 6, 2010
The United States
Files for photos, Live backgrounds, Live icons would be cool. Just a few small things I would of liked. And of course better integration for the notifications between the ipad and the iphone. Maybe this might still get done with ios6 i hope.
Still seems like a battery eater to me. Live icons would be more useful.

isoft7

macrumors 6502a
Oct 3, 2011
Customization and personalization... widgets, toggles, lockscreen, etc.

Time to loosen the death grip on the format and give people the ability to emotionally connect.

nfl46

macrumors G3
Oct 5, 2008
There are some apps that they didn't go over. A lot of features we didn't even get to see. I'll wait until someone get iOS 6 on their iPhone/iPad then answer.

Carlanga

macrumors 604
Nov 5, 2009
Toggles: been using sbsettings for years and apple has not copied/bought it.
Save attachments in Mail, add more than 5 pics on mail, attached directly from mail
Download Folder for Safari
Unlimited Apps in Folders and Folders inside Folders
Youtube in HD in 3G
Open BT stack
I can keep going, but those are the ones at the top of my head for which I like to jb the iPhone. Who knows, when they release the new iPhone they will show features and some of these things might be fixed or maybe in iOS 7...

The new Maps app looks awesome, but I think if it's fully online then it will consume a lot of data which is seriously capped by carriers, I can see maps images & Siri speaking consuming a lot. Maps needs to be offline at least in 2D for replacement of TomTom and similar apps. Online = more battery consumption.

Last edited:

stuffradio

macrumors 65816
Mar 17, 2009
Lockscreen widgets, homescreen widgets, more customization, have the option to not be so locked down

bisonthrow

macrumors member
Jun 16, 2010
iMessage

I really wish they would incorporate the ability to reply to iMessages, sent to your phone number, from your iPad and/or Mac Computer. None of my contacts use my email address as their primary texting address and therefore id like to be able to answer my phone number iMessages from my computer or on my ipad.

tnisatard

macrumors 6502
Apr 1, 2008
I would like an overhaul of iOS, but I guess if it isn't broken, don't fix it.

iOS is getting stale, but it does work very well.

Mochi Hana

macrumors 6502a
Jul 30, 2010
Texas

Agreed. I'd also like the ability to open a web link in an alternate browser (Atomic, iCab, etc..) instead of Safari.

redbeard331

macrumors 68030
Jul 21, 2009
Really letdown, nothing I wanted got an updsate, no widgets, just the same old stale ui, rows and rows of icons, we didn't even get a simple notification icon. Apple is really falling behind with the iPhone, new Macbook looks awesome though, guess they forgot this was a full point upgrade, this feels more like what 5.2 should be.

vahighland

macrumors member
Sep 9, 2009
Atlanta
Ability to 'snooze' when you get a calendar reminder popup. I use this all the time at work in Outlook. This concept has been around for decades. Not sure why Apple refuses to add this feature.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.