What's more impressive 3G w/ GPS or 2.0?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by lavrishevo, Jul 13, 2008.

1. lavrishevo macrumors 68000

lavrishevo

And please don't say 3G with 2.0 cause we all know it came with it... In all honesty do you think the 3g speed increase and GPS capability is as impressive as push and all the software you can now download? I'm leaning towards 2.0 but I am also biased being stuck on 2G till my next trip back to the continental U.S. If you had to choose over 1st generation with 2.0 or 3g with 1.1.4 what would you choose? :confused:

2. RITZFit macrumors 65816

RITZFit

2.0 is pretty bad ass so it gets my vote. I'm a bit bias too since I don't have a 3g phone...oh well :D

3. Badandy macrumors 68040

Badandy

Good question, IDK yet.

4. Dammit Cubs macrumors 68000

Dammit Cubs

2.0 hands down.

in fact. After a couple of days of using 2.0. I wonder why I bought a 3g iphone. Since I have wifi everywhere.

5. bacaramac macrumors 65816

bacaramac

I would have to say 2.0 is pretty awesome, but I love the fast 3G and GPS auto locate on Maps. I think the software makes the hardware, so hopefully Apple keeps the good coming with improvements to the software.

I forget I am on 3G as I type in web address and look around or do something while it loads. I then realize it is already loaded when I look down, where on Edge I would still be waiting at a white screen. I have used the maps with GPS three times today and love it.

Can I vote for all three?

6. MacGeek7 macrumors 6502a

MacGeek7

I would say 2.0 is better than 3G for me because I don't even live in a 3G area - the nearest one is about 45 miles away

7. kjs862 macrumors 65816

kjs862

For sure 2.0 software this is totally new - its making the iphone into a totally new platform.

On the other hand 3G/GPS has been in cell phones for awhile now.

8. Warbrain macrumors 603

Warbrain

2.0 is going to be the overwhelming answer and with just reason...

It affects all users, not just those with a new phone. Apple could have very easily screwed all 2.5G users.

9. lavrishevo thread starter macrumors 68000

lavrishevo

This is my debate right now. I have an ATL number w/ my first gen 4 gig I have had for over a year and really like the white ones but I have no clue how fast 3g is here. The coverage is pretty good in the metro areas of Puerto Rico, so the map says, but I just don't want to fork out the extra cash if it is not at least 50% faster then edge. Anybody have the 3g in PR yet? And are the 4gig iPhone's collector items... LOL