What's my 2010 6,2 MBP worth?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by ggoerl, Sep 20, 2013.

1. ggoerl macrumors regular

It's a 15.4'' 2.4 i5 ghz 320gb hdd, 8gb ram 10.6.3
    The thing is minty, immaculate to say the least. It has all the originals with it. The only thing is there is a weird silver cosmetic blemish on the black part around the screen but doesn't affect anything. Screen has 1 or 2 dead pixels I believe, hardly noticeable. What would you price it out at? It seems it's going roughly $7-900 depending on condition, etc

I have attached pictures to backup the condition stated.

PS. Please excuse my sh**ty iphone photos, it's got dead pixels up the wazoo.

Attached Files:

2. chrisperro macrumors 6502

chrisperro

3. ggoerl thread starter macrumors regular

4. NZed macrumors 65816

NZed

It is a three year old tech with the first gen i5(IIRC).

Mac2sell says its worth 1,190. But thats an estimate. Expect under $1000. And consider that you can buy a newer, better, faster machine for $999(macbook air), expect under 900. Post a feeler thread in the market place forum and ask if you really want to sell. I'd say its still a capable machine. I still use my 13" mid 2010. Just add an SSD and its like a new computer.

5. TechZeke macrumors 68020

TechZeke

Macs in general don't really slow down. For the money I'd certainly rather have a 2010 Macbook pro, put in an SSD and some RAM than get a NEW cheap windows laptop.(I know, because I have had first hand experience with $500-$900 dells and HPs-Absolute pieces of you know what) Especially since you're getting similar performance in a much better built chassis.

6. ggoerl thread starter macrumors regular

I just wanted to sell this to fund a 2011, so I can have 16gb of ram and remove the optical and have two ssd's raid 0. Yes I could do that now if I wanted but I won't have the additional 8gb of ram and sata III speeds.

Correct me if I'm wrong but the 2011's and up have sata III connections right? I read somewhere that only one was sata III and the optical was slower or something?