Whats my best shot at getting a iPhone 4 before July 19th?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by stoox, Jul 9, 2010.

1. stoox macrumors newbie

I was in a Chinese restaurant the other day when i dropped my 3GS on to the tile flooring and cracked the glass screen.

I'm leaving for a very long time on July 19th. And where I'm going I will have no access to a AT&T store or a Apple store. I need to get a new phone before then. I need to know what the best way for me to get a hold of a iPhone 4 before I leave. Other my 3GS is still usable but the crack is expanding. This isn't good. I put my name on a waiting list at a local radioshack a few days after launch but they still haven't gotten a new shipment in. I noticed on apples website that if i have it shipped to my house it would be like 3 weeks at least.

Whats my best bet. Id be will to drive a pretty good way to get one if i have to.(like almost 200 miles)

Im going to bonaire and the island has nothing commercial on it. Although i do get service there. Im going to be there for almost a month.

2. Techlover90 macrumors member

Go around all your closest apple stores and get on their priority lists. When they have shipments come in, they'll let you know when you can go pick it up. Wait time might vary from 1-3 weeks.

Or you can just order through at&t and get it in 1-2 weeks.

3. cocky jeremy macrumors 68040

cocky jeremy

If you're in a small town, Walmart is probably the best option. Actually, it's probably the best option period because no one thinks to check there. One of our local Walmart stores has several, and has for a week or two. I'd buy one.. if they had white. DOH!

4. macfan881 macrumors 68020

AT&Ts website I orderd my iPhone online the 7th will have mine on monday.

5. Espo macrumors 6502

I am not doubting you, I just dont know how this is possible where Apple is struggling to get iPhone 4s out.

6. stoox thread starter macrumors newbie

Oh cool ill try that.

Yeah i really really need it before i leave.

7. nosser macrumors regular

I was in 2 walmarts today and they both had iphone4's in stock

8. BigRedOne macrumors regular

I ordered mine on the 29th of June from the ATT store in Chula Vista and received it Thursday (7-8-10). I was notified via e-mail on Wednesday the 7th and the e-mail said come in at any time or make a reservation. I think I could of pick it up on Wednesday but I called and made an appointment for 9 AM on Thursday.
    I picked it up on Thursday at 9:00 in the morning and a guy walk in and asked if they had any iPhones unassigned. The lady ask what he wanted the 16 or 32 gig and I did not hear the answers but he walked out with a new iPhone without even ordering one.

If the op needs one by the 19th I would go to the ATT stores and ck with them.