What's my iMac worth?

Discussion in 'iMac' started by ryanflucas, Apr 30, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ryanflucas macrumors regular

ryanflucas

With the refresh coming, I'm starting to think about what I can sell my iMac for. It will probably go to Craigslist, but I'm not sure what to price it at. I'm in Milwaukee, WI so I won't be able to get tons like some larger cities. I do see plenty of people trying to get $1,000 for 2 year old systems. I doubt they are getting that but maybe I'm wrong.

So I'm curious, what would you pay for these specs? Or what do you think I can get?:

iMac 24" (no dead pixels. BTO iMac8,1 Early 2008)
    - 2.8GHZ Intel Core 2 Duo
    - 4GB Ram
    - 500GB Hard Disk
    - Nvidia Geforce 8800GS 512MB
    - Apple Restore Disc Set - 10.5.2 + Snow Leopard Upgrade Disc
    - Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 32bit Edition (full OEM system builders edition. I figure I can't transfer this to anything else so I might as well include it. I used this in bootcamp.)
    - Apple Wireless Keyboard + Mighty Mouse
    - Original manuals, power cable, original Apple retail box that's like new.

I was thinking I would ask $600 (with the idea that a normal CL buyers will be talking me down to $500). Under Applecare until May 13th of this year. I don't know if I would be selling it before then or not. :apple:

2. simsaladimbamba

www.mac2sell.net or eBay (Việt Nam, Türkiye, Česká republika, Hanguk) might be good price checkers.

from http://guides.macrumors.com/Help:Forum_Rules#Things_Not_to_Do

from http://guides.macrumors.com/Help:Marketplace_Rules#General_Rules

3. ryanflucas thread starter macrumors regular

ryanflucas

4. simsaladimbamba

Yes, as the rules state, you can't ask for pricing advice outside the Market Place, and you are not eligible yet due to the low post count of yours.
    eBay and Mac2Sell can give you advice though.

5. pcguru83 macrumors 6502a

pcguru83

Gazelle will give you $602 assuming near perfect condition. They are an awesome company. I just sold my 4 year old Mac Mini to them and easily got just as much, if not more, than I would have gotten on eBay or Craigslist.

The process was incredibly simple and took about a week and a half before I had my money. Postage is prepaid too, you just box it up and send it off. Use the coupon code "twit" for an extra couple percent on your offer too.

After the coupon code, I ended up getting $374 for my 4 year old Mini. Quite an incredible deal IMO and it couldn't have been easier.

6. ryanflucas thread starter macrumors regular

ryanflucas

Wow, that seems pretty nuts. The whole idea of this site is to discuss mac products. I even mentioned Craigslist.

A moderator can lock this thread whenever they wish.

7. ryanflucas thread starter macrumors regular

ryanflucas

I might need to try that. I was always leery of online sales companies like that but I have heard good things about Gazelle.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.