Price Advice Whats my MBA worth?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by any-key, Jun 14, 2013.

1. any-key macrumors member

Hi,

I want to sell my MBA to get the 2013 one. I have a 2011 13" model with i5, 256 GB SSD. I paid 1.400,00€ for it.

I am not sure what I can get for this unit. Its working fine, has no scratches and it was never droped or something. It looks like a new one and I even have the original packaging. No AppleCare is on it anymore.

Problem is the screen doesn't work anymore. I have no idea why but the sceen just didnt work one day to another. It just shows white glow with flickering lines of color. Again no physical damage that happened here.

The guy at the Apple store wasnt too helpful. He had a 2 second look at the machine and directly said they will have to replace the screen which costs about 480,00 €. I've seen that some thirdparty shops would replace it for 330,00 €.

So what do you think I can get for my MBA when I sell it with the defective screen?

2. designs216 macrumors 65816

designs216

I'm thinking you'll only be able to sell it for parts as by the time the buyer replaces the screen they could have put the money toward a working machine. Check eBay for completed sales for "parts" MBAs.