What's my Number?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by MacMonkee, Nov 18, 2007.

1. MacMonkee macrumors regular

MacMonkee

Hey sorry if this has been discussed before (I did search but couldn't find anything) but is it possible to find out your own number on the iPhone? I had a look but couldn't find anything to tell me?

is there a number or something you can dial and it tells you? The main reason I ask is because my number is being ported over and I want to check throughout the day to see when it happens!

2. yoman macrumors 6502a

yoman

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU like Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/420.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0 Mobile/3B48b Safari/419.3)

go to Settings/Phone

It should be at the top.

3. r6girl Administrator/Editor

r6girl

Staff Member

you should also be able to see your number by scrolling all the way to the top of your contacts list...

4. tico24 macrumors 6502

tico24

I can't see my number by doing either of the above suggested things.

Perhaps the UK phone differs from the US one?

5. wrboyce macrumors 6502

6. MacMonkee thread starter macrumors regular

MacMonkee

Yeah I reckon it does. Sorry I should have mentioned I was using a UK phone which doesn't even support 12 hour time let alone a way to find your own number without calling someone :mad:

7. Honest Truth macrumors member

Both of those posters have US iPhones, and only work like that if you have AT&T in the US.

In england, which a assume you are, being that those features do not work for you, aren't currently avaliable. If you want to figure out how to do that, I suggest you either call O2 or look on their website.

8. nickspohn macrumors 68040

nickspohn

9. Britanium macrumors member

Send yourself a text(SMS) message from your phone to your email... the phones address maybe it's phone number( 1-555-123-4567@server.com)

10. *GG* macrumors regular

I'm glad someone has the same problem as me. :D I have been showing off my phone and was asked for my number and I had no idea and searched and couldn't find a way of getting it easily haha - I felt a bit silly. :D

11. arkitect macrumors 601

arkitect

Didn't you get an email when you sigend up with your telephone number? I am sure everyone who signs up got one… :confused:

Anyway: Maybe worth trying to remember it? Sometimes the old-fashioned ways are still good. ;) :)

12. sparkyms macrumors 65816

Look at your email then save yourself as a contact for now.

Hopefully that little bit will be included in a software update in time :)

13. MacMonkee thread starter macrumors regular

MacMonkee

Oh yeah forgot about that but its still not what I want! I remember my old number which is being ported over I just wanted a way to check when it had

14. janitorC7 macrumors 6502a

janitorC7

I'm not sure if this is true in the UK but if you plug it into itunes, it should say your number

15. RL600 macrumors member

I don't think you can do that. I'm pretty sure the iPhone only lets phone numbers in to the "TO" SMS box.

Correct me if I'm wrong, or if there's a secret way of doing so.

16. deniser macrumors 6502

deniser

I can't find my number either, thought I'd have a look after reading this thread. Plugged into itunes the next to where it says number it says n/a :confused:

And no its is not possible to send a text to an email address, I have tried it.

17. MarkW19 macrumors 65816

No number either (UK O2), either in iTunes, top of Contacts list, or in Settings/Phone.

18. Darwin macrumors 65816

Darwin

Same issues here too, at first I thought it wasn't showing my number because I was in the process of porting my old one over to O2 however its been a week and I still don't see it in iTunes. :confused:

19. Moleshome macrumors member

This is mentioned in another thread.

iTunes reads own number from the SIM and O2 don't set it. Some phones, XDA Orbit for one, have a SIM editing app, put your SIM into one of these phones, add your number and put the SIM back in your iPhone. iTunes will now display your number.

20. mkjj macrumors 6502a

mkjj

21. bigandy macrumors G3

bigandy

1. Send a mate a text and ask them the number it came from.

2. Call your landline, hang up, then dial 1471 from the landline, it'll read out the number.

3. Call a friend, and ask them the number they see.