Price Advice Whats my wifes Macbook air worth?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Redrum509, Apr 20, 2013.

1. Redrum509 macrumors regular

She wants to sell and upgrade. It is a 11 inch mid 2011 july model. Has box,charger, and all papers. The Macbook air is in Pristine condition. Has 20 battery cycles only. Also has apple care until October 31st 2014. It is the base model with 2gb of ram and 64 gb sad and 1.6 ghz intel i5.

I tried using a few sites but they don't include the remaining applecare in there estimate. Thanks

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

As a starting point, you can check Mac2Sell, eBay (including completed sales), or Amazon for prices of similar models, to get an idea of what a reasonable price may be. Then adjust the price to account for condition, configuration, remaining AppleCare coverage (if any), etc.

3. Redrum509 thread starter macrumors regular

Like I said I don't know how much the remaining applecare is worth and how much value it adds.

4. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

You can calculate the pro-rated value of the remaining coverage. How much value it adds to the buyer will vary. Some will consider it valuable; some won't.

5. Mr Kram macrumors 68000

Mr Kram

How much is AppleCare? Do the math...

Refurbed current gen in base spec is $900. The 2011 have crappy battery life so I don't think the demand for them is that high. I'm guessing that you can get $700 on the high side and $600 for a quick sale.

6. Redrum509 thread starter macrumors regular

Yea I was thinking like $730.00 or something. Might go $700.00.

7. thekev macrumors 604

thekev

Applecare won't really add much. You might be slightly high on price. The 2012 equivalent version with 4GB of ram and some decent gpu improvements goes for $849 refurbished with a 1 year warranty. If Refurbs are often returned items, but they do state what is included in the checklist. When they are available, the model you have sells for $749 refurbished from Apple with a year warranty. You can always drop the price later if the machine doesn't sell.

8. RoastingPig macrumors 68000

RoastingPig

600 easily and 700 in a day or 2 on craigslist