What's needed to jailbreak the iPad?

Discussion in 'iPad Hacks' started by Simgar988, Apr 6, 2010.

1. Simgar988 macrumors 65816

Simgar988

So is it gonna happen or to early to tell? Is it as or more difficult than jailbreaking the iPhone?

2. FWW macrumors regular

FWW

It's already happened. It just isn't out in the wild. Will be a few weeks. If 4.0 brings everything people want to jailbreak for, there wont really be a point anyway.

3. Simgar988 thread starter macrumors 65816

Simgar988

will the current jailbreak work for the 4.0 or will we not know till we see the internals of the hardware

4. kdesign7 macrumors 6502a

There is no way of knowing if the current Jailbreak hack will work for iPhone OS 4.0. There are many variables to think through. For example, in the new OS, did Apple create some type of work around, that would disable future Jailbreaking?

My best guess would be that the current Jailbreak will NOT work for iPhone OS 4.0. There will be many new updates and features and lines of code that will need to be assessed and addressed in order to accurately create a by pass (ie: Jailbreak).

I have no doubt that iPhone OS 4.0 will see some sort of Jailbreak happen, but I have a feeling it might not be worth it, since speculation states that a lot of the features us users want, will be implimented, such as Multi-tasking.

We'll see. :)

5. cobaltrich27 macrumors 6502

cobaltrich27

No problem!

Hey that's cool long as I can still leave my iPhone jail broken at 3.1.2 For myfi at this point don't really care to update the iPhone now that I have an iPad :D

I can update the iPad software and njoy all the new features on a decent size screen:cool: I do like hacking so will be fun to jailbreak the iPad once it's safe and reliable.

6. mobilebuddha macrumors regular

My iPhone is also in 3.1.2, but some of the apps are no longer available for that version of the OS. For example, the current version of the evernote requires 3.1.3. When I had my iPhone wiped/reinstalled, I wasn't able to have evernote on it.

I would imagine something very similar will happen to iPad when the official 4.0 version comes out.

7. cobaltrich27 macrumors 6502

cobaltrich27

Yes I would rather keep the iPad legit would only consider hacking the ipad if it's 100% reliable sure that will be a long time from now with 4.0 coming etc.

I prob won't focus much more on iPhone apps on the actual iPhone for me it's now all about the iPad ;)

8. mobilebuddha macrumors regular

well.. for me there are cases where even taking the iPad isn't kosher. heh. in those cases, my trusty old iPhone and its apps would have to do. I actually think it's absolutely ingenious that Apple is building such an ecosystem where you could have a "laptop like" device (iPad) and a phone with the same application.

9. Simgar988 thread starter macrumors 65816

Simgar988

my 3GS is 3.0.1. you think im missing out;)

10. cobaltrich27 macrumors 6502

cobaltrich27

Don't get me wrong I agree I still need my iphone to communicate, navigate and most importantly check espn scores/news etc... discreetly HEHE.

11. ImperialX macrumors 65816

ImperialX

Let us not forget that the upcoming 4.0 event is only a "Sneak Peek". We don't know when the firmware is actually releasing.

I imagine the jailbreak will be released when the iPad 3G ships to avoid Apple fixing the exploit.