Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Zorn

macrumors 65816
Feb 14, 2006
Ohio
If you have a Mac Pro with a non-EFI nVidia card stay away. Completely screwed my system.

hansenc

macrumors 6502a
Jun 16, 2004
my rmbp wont boot, get an error saying your computer restarted because of a problem :(

hansenc

macrumors 6502a
Jun 16, 2004
booted into safemode and the install "finished" after a few more reboots we are back in business! really glad I didnt have to do a restore.

Reactions: ECJ and navaira

Cancelled
Jun 30, 2015
My clock in the menu bar at the top is not appearing. Attempts to toggle the setting causes SysPrefs to freeze for a solid 30 seconds, and nothing happens when it unfreezes, although the preference is toggled.

Rebooting hasn't solved it.

:p

Edit: it seems to keep opening and crashing

Reactions: Tarrant64

hansenc

macrumors 6502a
Jun 16, 2004
My clock in the menu bar at the top is not appearing. Attempts to toggle the setting causes SysPrefs to freeze for a solid 30 seconds, and nothing happens when it unfreezes, although the preference is toggled.

replace with istat menus :)

jtropeano

macrumors member
Jun 19, 2009
Denver, CO
Exchange working for me with no issues in all the PB of El Capitan. Have you tested in a new User?

Exchange hasnt worked for some of us since PB1. I think it's a problem with Exchange 2010 specifically. Seems to authenticate, pull mails and calendar, then clunk out after a period of time. Sending outgoing messages also kills the authentication. My suspicion is that Echange 2010 doesn't like reauthentication when it already has an authentication session open.

The problem only exists when using Exchange through the OS (Internet Accounts in System Prefs). Using a different mail client like Outlook or Airmail works fine. But the OS integration is buggy for Exchange 2010.

Reactions: rmeulen

SimonTheSoundMa

macrumors 65816
Aug 6, 2006
Birmingham, UK
Anyone else finding how Time Machine backs up has changed? Instead of backing up in /Volumes/[drive]/Backups.backupdb/[nameofmac] it now creates a sparsebundle file in /Volumes/[drive]/[namesofmac].sparsebundle

Three of my Macs cannot backup because the drive is full.

rmeulen

macrumors member
Oct 14, 2013
The Netherlands
Exchange hasnt worked for some of us since PB1. I think it's a problem with Exchange 2010 specifically. Seems to authenticate, pull mails and calendar, then clunk out after a period of time. Sending outgoing messages also kills the authentication. My suspicion is that Echange 2010 doesn't like reauthentication when it already has an authentication session open.

The problem only exists when using Exchange through the OS (Internet Accounts in System Prefs). Using a different mail client like Outlook or Airmail works fine. But the OS integration is buggy for Exchange 2010.
Same issue for me!

Reactions: jtropeano

dof250

macrumors regular
Jun 3, 2014
Anyone else finding how Time Machine backs up has changed? Instead of backing up in /Volumes/[drive]/Backups.backupdb/[nameofmac] it now creates a sparsebundle file in /Volumes/[drive]/[namesofmac].sparsebundle

Three of my Macs cannot backup because the drive is full.
Mine isn't doing that. It backups the same way as before.

JonoH

macrumors regular
Nov 11, 2013
Abu Dhabi UAE
Im having issues with icons not showing up in the finder menu.. they seem to only be affecting my NAS.

Screen Shot 2015-08-21 at 6.27.15 PM.jpg

Tarrant64

macrumors member
Mar 10, 2006

This is happening to me and it's driving me crazy. Everything was fine until I restarted today. It crashes for several minutes and then settles down.

Scary Spice

macrumors 6502
Jul 31, 2015
British Columbia
Exchange working for me with no issues in all the PB of El Capitan. Have you tested in a new User?

Exchange works when adding the account to Internet Accounts (in System Preferences) on the first mac it is added to.

When adding it to subsequent macs, the exchange account is not imported properly. When inspecting the Exchange account in mail preferences on the mac with the failed Exchange account, none of the Exchange Server or server paths are populated. (And they are greyed out as they are controlled by the "Internet Accounts" System Preferences pane).

Last edited:

marmiteturkey

macrumors 6502a
Aug 27, 2005
London
Exchange works when adding the account to Internet Accounts (in System Preferences) on the first mac it is added to.

When adding it to subsequent macs, the exchange account is not imported properly. When inspecting the Exchange account in mail preferences on the mac with the failed Exchange account, none of the Exchange Server or server paths are populated. (And they are greyed out as they are controlled by the "Internet Accounts" System Preferences pane).
Ah, thank you - that explains the inconsistent experience and why mine works on one computer but not the other. Roll on beta 8!

Tarrant64

macrumors member
Mar 10, 2006
So far I've just dealt with the issues in Preview 7 (it is developer, I get it) - but this one has certainly been way more buggy than the previous one. Hope beta 8 is better.

Otherwise it's been an 'OK' experience. Most things working with the exception of Office 2016 crashes and overall interface bugs (clock/menu bar crashing after reboot, dock randomly switches to another monitor, external monitors sometimes don't activate, firewall/allow-access prompts randomly for same applications).

leman

macrumors Core
Oct 14, 2008
In my experience, beta 7 is the most stable of the betas so far and is very closed to the finished product. The only bug I can report is the one with constantly reloading status icons (I also have it occasionally). Most importantly for me, it has fixed the annoying WiFi bug that prevented me from connecting to WPA2 networks.

Tarrant64

macrumors member
Mar 10, 2006
This is happening to me and it's driving me crazy. Everything was fine until I restarted today. It crashes for several minutes and then settles down.

Update: This appears to be related to having VPN connections setup in my Network Preferences and having them checked to show in the status bar. I was working on adding a new VPN connection and noticed that they were unchecked as showing and when I checked the box whole status far freaked out again and eventually the system unchecked the boxes by itself and everything was fine.

For now, I've left the VPN connections off, and it 'seems' stable.

Office 2016 still crashes frequently.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.