What's next for Apple?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by DBZmusicboy01, Oct 2, 2014.

1. DBZmusicboy01 macrumors 6502a

The next big innovation after the disappointing Apple Watch which is beyond expensive. More expensive than the iPod Touch

2. mobilehaathi macrumors G3

mobilehaathi

Continuing with the "personal health" angle, Apple will be introducing a line of brain implants starting with the iSSRI accessory. Simply press a button on your iPhone or :apple:watch and feel waaaaaaay better about everything.

3. Apple fanboy macrumors Core

Apple fanboy

ipants. Tell you when you have had an accident.
    ishoe. Tell you how many times you went to the bar when drunk.
    iring. Same features as the :apple:watch but it's lighter and thinner. Reminds you which day you got engaged/married so you don't forget your anniversaries.

4. Jessica Lares macrumors G3

Jessica Lares

iCook - Now you can make your company's latest revenue numbers more impressive with a touch of a button.

5. Melrose Suspended

Melrose

iFlush. It's an Apple toilet made out of a solid block of aluminum (heated aluminum so it doesn't chill your cheeks) and it can analyze certain "downloads" to see what nutrition is lacking in your diet. It then beams this info direct to your Watch, and alerts you when you are in an Apple-partnered grocery store in front of certain items that will give you this nutritious ingestion (think Amazon's Magic Dumb People Money Button-- er, Firefly-- on the Amazon Kindle HD Fire Phone with Useless Battery Hogging 3D Gimmick Screen... that's the real name for the phone honest).

Better yet, it beams this info to your Printer which will 3D-print you the food you need to compensate.

They will also sell iPlungers as an add-on item, similar to those iPod Socks they had ten years ago for your music player.

I wouldn't call it disappointing at all. It's not my cup o tea either, but I can see how it might be useful to certain industries even if I'd never be caught dead with one myself. So far, the only thing we have to judge it by is tech writeups, most of which seem to be very positive. Once it's released, we'll have to see how well it sells.

6. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

I'm not sure what's next. The iWatch has been hyped and rumored for a couple of years now and we finally see what its going to be. I'm not a watch person any more so I was underwhelmed.

Its hard to see where apple (or any other tech company for that matter) can expand into next. I think the phone market is maturing - at least in what type of features you can expect. The tablet market is likewise is also maturing - what to expect for the next generation iPads - thinner design? The laptop market is what it is - seemingly in decline as people would rather spend a few hundred on a tablet then a couple of thousand on a laptop.

Cook has his hands full as he navigates apple to the next phase, I suspect it will be more service orientated.

7. 12vElectronics macrumors 68040

12vElectronics

I think they'll just keep rolling on with the iPhones and iPads!

8. sodapop1 Suspended

sodapop1

I think the focus will be less on creating new types of hardware and more on providing new services to integrate their existing products with "The Internet of Things". Apple Pay and Apple CarPlay are just the tip of the iceberg.

9. thedeejay macrumors 65816

thedeejay

1) Apple Pay Rollout World Wide or atleast wherever they can
    2) iTunes Radio/Beats Music - they did buy Beats for a reason; hopefully we can see why soon
    3) Apple TV enhancements?
    4) TV (although from what Eddy stated recently, doesn't look too promising)
    5) iPad Pro? However that's soon to be launched [rumoured next year]

That's all I got!

10. vulcanvillalta macrumors 6502

I think that Apple is just going to close. That is their next move.

11. 12vElectronics macrumors 68040

12vElectronics

I have a feeling they might just have bought Beats to use their secret formula to music streaming success..

An actual Apple Television I highly doubt they'll come out with.

12. TheAppleFairy macrumors 68020

TheAppleFairy

Beyond expensive? I am sure the gold one is expensive, but the base model seem relatively cheap for the technology and design.

13. sdilley14 macrumors 65816

Apple TV. An actual Apple television set with (of course) an interface somewhat like the current Apple TV offering, only with integrated live television (think Charter, DirecTV, etc. type services, but with an beautiful Apple interface). Built in FaceTime and Siri capabilities. Some sort of gaming funtionality (allowing the iPhone to be used as a controller?). App functionality. Home automation integration. Safari/internet capability. And the thing I'm waiting for - piecemeal cable packages. Either every channel having it's own app that you can pay for/subscribe to, or a universal service provider that lets you build your own channel packages for a certain price per channel. All of this wrapped in a beautiful, modern, Apple branded flat panel display.

That should take another 3-5 years (sadly, mostly because of the content providers unwillingness to play ball).

After that, it's something that we probably haven't thought of yet.

14. 12vElectronics macrumors 68040

12vElectronics

I have a hard time believing Apple will make a television for a few reasons. Tim Cook was asked on it and responded by saying the way we watch television now is very antiquated. The only way to change that would be if the content providers play ball, which they won't.

15. sdilley14 macrumors 65816

Exactly why Apple will come into this market and disrupt it eventually. The way people listened to/bought/consumed music was "antiquated" before the iPod and iTunes came along.

Well, once upon a time people went to Tower Records, Sam Goody, Best Buy, etc. and bought physical tapes/discs as their primary (and only) way to consume music. Back then it was inconceiveable to think that physical media would virtually disappear and that everything would be downloadable/streamable.

It certainly wasn't something that the record companies wanted to happen or participated in willingly. Eventually technology and the markets change so fast and so drastically that the content providers have no choice but to adapt or become obsolete. It's going in that direction, it'll just take more time and a bit more market disruption.

16. 12vElectronics macrumors 68040

12vElectronics

Great points. However television, in my opinion, is a little different than music.

17. sdilley14 macrumors 65816

http://www.macrumors.com/2014/10/15/hbo-standalone-subscriptions-2015/

Looks like at least part of my dream is starting. ;)