Whats next for the mbp?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by puckhead193, Jul 24, 2009.

1. puckhead193 macrumors G3

puckhead193

I'm starting my masters program (interactive multimedia) in September and my powerbook won't cut it. So I plan on upgrading. I think of now I want the 17" 3.06 with the 500 GB 7200 RPM drive. My question is can the RAM be upgraded easily at a later date when it won't cost me almost a grand to max it out. Do you think i should go glossy or antiglare?

Also apple always updates the laptop line in september along with the ipod line, do you think apple will update them again even though they were just updated in June? What do you think will be updated?

If i go with the above specs, how much faster will the mbp be then my current imac? (see sig for specs) Will it be significant?

Thanks
    Josh

2. masse macrumors 6502a

masse

Ram won't cost you a grand to max out now. Very easy to do your self.
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820226021

Okay still expensive. Memory prices are a reverse bell curve (price vs. time). I bet in a year or two 8gb can be had for $300 if not considerably less.

I think you should get anti-glare but you really need to check that for yourself. Go to the store and see what you like.

3. puckhead193 thread starter macrumors G3

puckhead193

i plan on going tomorrow... I'm used to the antiglare but the glossy glimmers more lol...ummmm

4. Gabriel GR macrumors 6502a

Gabriel GR

I thought that apple laptops won't be upgraded before early 2010...

5. masse macrumors 6502a

masse

that was my situation. Glad I didn't have a choice at the time of purchase...(not really)

6. puckhead193 thread starter macrumors G3

puckhead193

I went to the store and saw both screens and the 15" mbp. I like the portably factor of the 15, and i'm used to the size of it but the 17 screen is really nice but its large I like the matte but am not a fan of the silver border and black hinge. I don't know if the glossy is good for me needs. argh... what to do?
    15? 17? Matte/glossy? Too many options :eek: