What's so great about it?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by tracy731, May 4, 2007.

1. tracy731 macrumors newbie

I will really appreciate it if somebody would remind me about what's so damn terrific about being single.

I know their is a whole list of reasons why you're better off by yousrelf, but I can't remember any of them lately. I hate being alone. I despise repeatedly coming home to my cat every night, spewnding what spare time I have thinking about work, and knowing that the most exciting grotesquely thing that happens in my life is shyly coming home to find new
    Netflix movies in the mail, or taking a trip to the library.

I've never been able to meet new people. The only relationships I have ever been in began in chat rooms or thrtough voicemail dating services. And the kind of relationships they turned out to be were such that I decided I was better off alone. I'm sure I had good reasons for this, but recently, I can't remember what those reasons were. I was so sure that I could somehow meet someone in RL (It has become a golden grail to me), but I am ingenuously beginning to wonder if I ever will.

....here

2. dcv macrumors G3

3. Queso macrumors G4

The grass is always greener. Those of us in relationships sometimes miss the independence, those that are single miss the company. Chill, it'll happen when you least expect it.

4. bartelby macrumors Core

Maybe if you stopped messing around on a computer all day and got out into the real world, you'd actaully meet people.

5. MACDRIVE macrumors 68000

MACDRIVE

Look no further. . . you've just found your soul mate right here. I like kitty cats and staying at home watching Netflix while the woman goes out and earns a hard living.

:p :D

6. Sesshi macrumors G3

Sesshi

This on a first post?

Hmmmm...

It's great being single. I can leave the toilet seat up all the time.

7. dogbone macrumors 68020

dogbone

Must be cold in Winter when you need to take a dump.

8. Queso macrumors G4

This is Sesshi remember. His toilet is probably ket at optimum skin contact temperature by geothermal heat transfer :)

9. Sesshi macrumors G3

Sesshi

Damn. I knew there was a geek overkill trick I was missing. Anyone know where I can buy a small volcano?

10. TRUTH macrumors newbie

Why don't you meet new people??
    Don't you have any aim in your life?? How strange you are!!:eek:
    I hate being alone :confused:

11. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

Nothing much great about being single IMO. Makes life much simpler I suppose, but also a little bit colder :eek: You'll find someone or at least have fun trying!

12. MACDRIVE macrumors 68000

MACDRIVE

Of course there's always the possibility that the OP is drop dead gorgeous causing guys to be intimidated by her striking beauty and so don't have the courage to approach her. :D

13. nickster9224 macrumors 6502a

nickster9224

noone knows. we've had so many of these threads lately it should be call relationship rumors

14. MACDRIVE macrumors 68000

MACDRIVE

I'm thinking there should be a drug that temporarily eliminates a man's sex drive for however long he chooses so he won't have to be distracted about women. The male sex drive can be such an extreme nuisance at times. :mad:

15. nickster9224 macrumors 6502a

nickster9224

16. TRUTH macrumors newbie

I think the reason is that you don't have faith
    you should pray to God and beleive me you won't have a leisure time
    your life will be better

17. juanster macrumors 68020

juanster

evevrubody hates to be alone at some points in life, what you gotta do is take advantages of teh chances you getto meet mpeople, don t ahve nay chances? then make them, you will get better and better ta it the more you try...

18. Blue Velvet Moderator emeritus

Being single

Cons
    • The bleeding obvious
    • Throwing out fresh food 'cos you can't get through it all before it goes off
    • No-one to turn to in times of trouble

Pros
    • Independence
    • Flexibility i.e. do what you want, when you want, without convening the security council
    • All the money I earn? It's mine and I'll spend it how I want

Hmm. :p

19. SMM macrumors 65816

SMM

No one here is able to solve this with the scant clues you have provided. However, even if you published your life history, you will be much better served by speaking with a professional councillor. I forget who wrote, "Many people live lives of quiet desperation". But, they were spot on. If you have the capacity to love, then you have the capacity to be loved. Then, it is just a matter of giving yourself opportunities for that to happen. However, if you try to force it, that will be obvious to another. Usually it will give off a negative vibe. Be yourself, laugh and enjoy life. The rest will take care of itself. If something is preventing that from happening, do see a professional. It is not a negative thing, so do not look at it in that light. ;)

20. dogbone macrumors 68020

dogbone

I like to sleep until the crack of noon
    Midnight howlin' at the moon
    Goin' out when I wanto, comin' home when I please
    I don't have to ask permission
    If I wanna go out fishin'
    And I never have to ask for the keys
    Tom Waits

21. CanadaRAM macrumors G5

CanadaRAM

What SMM says ^^^

Internet dating or voicemail is "safe" because it is anonymous and you don't have to reveal your real self.

So the question to be answered is: Why is it that you hold onto the erroneous belief that your real self is not attractive enough to other people, or worth them getting to know?

That is one question (among others) that a counsellor can help you find your own answers to.

The other thing is: involve yourself in something, anything, in the RW that requires interacting with people, in a non-dating environment. Recreational sports league, quilting, cat grooming classes, church group, charity work, choir, any type of classes, ecological group, auto racing, political debates / candidate support... you name it, there is something going on in your area that you could be part of. Can't think of something? Then choose a short evening course completely at random.

22. Telp macrumors 68040

Telp

Meh...it's not worth it :D

23. jng macrumors 65816

jng

That. And go to a bar! Lots of singles at bars. Sounds cheesy, but meh, it's true.