What's that noise?!

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by nocturnal dark, Aug 4, 2007.

1. nocturnal dark macrumors member

Ok, I just got a refurbed Macbook yesterday. So, far it works excellent.

But, when I tried to import a CDR that burned on another Mac a couple of months ago, when importing it sounds like a coffee pot-brewing coffee!

Then when I tried to listen the CDR while importing, it wants to skip and cut out when playing the song.

I had in the past on my eMac, listened to songs on the CD while importing it with zero problems.

Is there (God, I hope NOT) something wrong with my Macbook??!! Or is that CDR maybe worn or has scratches that may cause it not to import right??

Thoughts???:apple:

2. Father Jack macrumors 68020

Father Jack

3. nocturnal dark thread starter macrumors member

Ok. I tired another CDR. Not as much noise this time. I can listen to song I am importing and music I bought from iTunes Music Store but, not any other tracks on the CDR that I am importing!?

Maybe, I am doing something wrong? Or maybe I have a setting check wrong.

Also, I know this alittle off subject, but what format should I use for importing?

Also with the two CDR's the Gracenote is not able to find track names?

Thanks,

4. DMC-12 macrumors 6502

DMC-12

OP, I had the exact same problem with importing CDs on this HP. I had to reinstall Windows because apparently some program I had uninstalled damaged something.

As for Gracenote, CD track names can only be accessed when they are actually stored within the CD-R, and usually only when the CD is the original factory-issue with the music. Most homemade CDs don't have the text stored in them. In order to include the track info when burning in iTunes, go to Edit>Preferences>Advanced>Burning>Include CD Text.

5. yotaguy macrumors member

How Gracenote works is that it looks at the number of tracks and their lengths, than compares it to a database. If this is a burned mix CD than than it wont be able to find the info in the database.

Like said above, if you burn the CD-TEXT itunes will read that and the information will get imported into your library along with the music!