Whats that thing called Camera+computer..

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by thomahawk, Oct 18, 2008.

  1. thomahawk macrumors 6502a


    Sep 3, 2008
    Osaka, Japan
    Well i dont know how but you'll read to see
    i have seen some photographys have their DSLRs connected to their laptops while they shoot their subject. usually takes place in studios or some other place.
    the DSLR is connected via a cable and the person takes pics and it instantly gets sent to the laptop. i see it pop up on the screen and stuff

    what is this called and can i do this with a macbook?
  2. bartelby macrumors Core


    Jun 16, 2004

    It all depends on your camera. Canon supply the software with their cameras. Nikon don't. Not sure about other makes
  3. wheelhot macrumors 68020

    Nov 23, 2007
    I think Sony also have this feature. By the way, how come I read on some website stating that Mac Intel does not support this feature?
  4. Hmac macrumors 68020

    May 30, 2007
    Midwest USA
    I can't speak to other camera brands, but Nikon's Camera Control 2 works fine on my Intel Macs. Also, Apple's Aperture 2 supports tethered shooting with almost all Canon and Nikon dSLRs.

Share This Page