What's the bar in iOS 7 called? (Details within)

Discussion in 'iOS Programming' started by ArtOfWarfare, Jul 29, 2013.

1. ArtOfWarfare macrumors 604

ArtOfWarfare

In iOS 7, there's a button on the right side of the navigation bar in iMessages labeled "Contact". Tapping it causes the title to shift to Done, the navigation bar's title to fade out, and for another bar full of action items to drop down.

Does anyone know if having this bar drop down from the navigation bar is something easily done (IE, virtually no work) or is it something you just have to roll your own on?

2. robbieduncan Moderator emeritus

robbieduncan

I had to go and look to see what you meant! I think it's just a standard toolbar being animated on and off screen. Don't think there is built-in support as such but setting the position should be simple...

3. truehybridx macrumors member

I'm thinking its just the navigation bar :/

Damn how nice it would be to have jailbroken devices, install cycript and just go ask it :p (But i suppose you could just class dump it to get "what it is")

4. ArtOfWarfare thread starter macrumors 604

ArtOfWarfare

Huh? Are you saying I can use some obj-C runtime function to determine every available class in iOS without jailbreaking?

5. truehybridx macrumors member

I dont think you can....

But if you could copy the Messages.app off the phone and run class-dump you could possibly dig up the what object it it... if i still had an iphone 4 i could be A LOT more helpful

6. ArtOfWarfare thread starter macrumors 604

ArtOfWarfare

Oh. Is that doable with a jailbreak?

7. truehybridx macrumors member

Getting the file system doesnt require a jailbreak, as long as you have the IPSW for an iPhone 4, you could decrypt the dmg, and look at whatever you want.

(sorry if im throwing out things, youd rather stay away from)

8. MattInOz macrumors 68030

MattInOz

Have you watched the WWDC UI sessions to see if it was covered in new features there?

9. waterskier2007 macrumors 68000

waterskier2007

I have watched this set and did not see anything resembling it. Most likely just a UIToolbar added programmatically

10. dejo Moderator

dejo

Staff Member

That would be my guess as well. Shouldn't be that hard to code up.

11. ArtOfWarfare thread starter macrumors 604

ArtOfWarfare

After a lot of thought on my UI I decided that the screen where I wanted this was more complicated than necessary had too many buttons (6) and so I cut it down to 2 so that I wouldn't need anything like the extra toolbar.