What's the best ATV solution for more viewing options?

Discussion in 'Apple TV and Home Theater' started by bking1000, Apr 29, 2009.

1. bking1000 macrumors 65816

I have read about Boxee and downloaded it to my PC. I like the channel options, but don't care for the social aspects, and also I can't seem to "unfriend" Avner.

I haven't put Boxee on my ATV yet. I am a little concerned that once I load it, can I unload it.

But also, are there better/simpler approaches to broadening my ATVs horizons than Boxee (short of getting a Mac Mini)? Particularly, I'd like access to Hulu.

A related question -- on the ATV, is there a way to re-organize the menus so "my pictures" and "my music" is at the top?

2. spice weasel macrumors 65816

I'm pretty sure XMBC now supports Hulu, so you can install that instead of Boxee if you like. I haven't used XBMC since I put it on my XBox a few years ago, so I can't tell you the plusses and minuses of it.

As for removing Boxee, just do a factory restore of your ATV and it will wipe Boxee.

It sounds like all you want is Hulu, but don't like the other aspects of Boxee. Why not do what I do - the only time I launch Boxee is for Hulu. The rest of the time I just use the regular ATV software/interface. No need to reorganize anything that way.