What's the best browser?

SilentLoner

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Dec 29, 2007
I keep noticing images etc on the safari browser that seem low res. does safari compress images?

takeshi74

macrumors 601
Feb 9, 2011
Best in what way(s)? Is image compression your only concern? Don't just assume that your preferences are universal on any topic.

barredfreak

macrumors 6502
Jan 9, 2012
For me, Safari is the best. Firefox/Chrome can't handle Multi-Touch half as well as Safari can. There are loads of things that can contribute to a browser being the best out there.

jgc

macrumors regular
Feb 21, 2012
Canada
For me, Safari is the best. Firefox/Chrome can't handle Multi-Touch half as well as Safari can. There are loads of things that can contribute to a browser being the best out there.
This is in the iPhone/iPod touch forum.

Safari is probably the best simply because Apple has a cool bunch of features built in that can't be used by other app developers (for security purposes I assume). That being said for some reason I've been using Opera Mini for months now. It compresses websites on Opera's servers before sending you an image of the website. Over 2-3 months I've used 76% less data for web browsing (119.3 MB vs 482.2 MB). I think the main reason though is, similar to Google Chrome where it shows your visited/favourited when you log on, Opera Mini shows your favourited/bookmarked websites so I can easily hit up the websites I visit often.

barredfreak

macrumors 6502
Jan 9, 2012
This is in the iPhone/iPod touch forum.

Safari is probably the best simply because Apple has a cool bunch of features built in that can't be used by other app developers (for security purposes I assume). That being said for some reason I've been using Opera Mini for months now. It compresses websites on Opera's servers before sending you an image of the website. Over 2-3 months I've used 76% less data for web browsing (119.3 MB vs 482.2 MB). I think the main reason though is, similar to Google Chrome where it shows your visited/favourited when you log on, Opera Mini shows your favourited/bookmarked websites so I can easily hit up the websites I visit often.
Ah, yes. For daily browsing, I use Opera Mini too, because it loads webpages much faster than Safari on iOS can. It's amazing technology, really.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.