What's the best download manager for mac?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Good User, Nov 11, 2014.

1. Good User macrumors member

Good User

I have used IDM for windows for many years and I have a very overall bad feeling in OS X:( and I haven't found any good download managers that can seamlessly integrate with the browser like IDM. I think folx should be one of the best download managers.

2. andeify macrumors 6502

andeify

Sorry for the dumb questions, but what do you use a download manager for? Why do you need to manage downloads? Could you give an example?

3. Good User thread starter macrumors member

Good User

Without download manager interrupted downloads can't be resumed(browser downloads again from the beginning) and some downloaded files are actually not completely downloaded, they are corrupted files that browsers think they are finished downloads. Download manager ensures you that you do not download all of the file again if download interrupted halfway, and a finished download is actually a finished download, not a corrupted file.
    Download managers that split downloads significantly boost the download speed.(It's important for me with a download speed of 200Kb/s)

4. Good User thread starter macrumors member

Good User

I think I should stick to windows for downloading:) I am addicted to IDM.

5. Bending Pixels macrumors 65816

Unless you're using dial-up or have an unreliable ISP.....or are downloading stuff illegally....download managers are a waste of money.

6. velocityg4 macrumors 68040

velocityg4

I use the downloadthemall add on for Firefox.

7. freddobonanza macrumors newbie

Down them all (DTA) add on in Firefox works well. I use Safari for everything else and DTA for .. Downloading large files ..