What's the best ebook and PDF reader?

Discussion in 'iPad Apps' started by Holiday101, Mar 3, 2015.

1. Holiday101 macrumors newbie

I'm looking for an ebook and PDF reader that gives options for text size, font, brightness and background. Essentially I need a reader for ebooks and PDFs that is easy on my eyes. iBooks doesn't really work for me. Thanks for the help.

2. pacorob macrumors 65816

pacorob

I'm using the free and great Documents 5 app which supports PDF files (i don't know if it supports epub files) and has a text size option. I don't know if it has options to change the font and brightness. I can't test it right now. It also has a great option to search very quickly in a PDF document. I view my documents from both Dropbox and Google Drive with it.

You could also look at a few other alternatives:
    PDF Reader (free, with in-app purchases)
    GoodReader (4,99 dollar)

3. MCSN macrumors regular

MCSN

i used to like PDF expert because i could drop pdfs into it using a browser or iTunes drop into folder on the iPad. I purchased the app and used it fine for a long time. when i emptied my iPad for sale, I managed to get all the PDFs off.

when i went to get it for my other devices it asked to charge me again for the new version. some of the features are pretty good, some I couldn't get to work right, like listing pages for reference which is easy to do but at the time I couldn't get them to print. that may have changed.

having isolated apps leads to PDF copy duplication if that annoys you at all.

i haven't gotten the new version since I no longer use the iPad.