Whats the best exporting way...

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by gokuu, Jun 1, 2007.

1. gokuu macrumors member

Im working on a project and am done...this will be played on DVD players on a tv set. I recorded this on HD quality from my Sony HDR-FX1. I have used final cut express to edit it. Now when I go to export theres like a million options to choose from on how to export. Any ideas guys. Whats my best option?

2. ppc_michael Guest

ppc_michael

For DVD? Will you be using iDVD or DVD Studio Pro?

If you're using DVD Studio Pro, the best option would be to export using Compressor, and use one of the 16:9 DVD presets.

If you're using iDVD, export to DV NTSC (or PAL) Anamorphic.

3. gokuu thread starter macrumors member

Well Im actually using FINAL CUT EXPRESS HD for exporting....thats were I edited all my video...

And FCE HD does have tons of presets....

4. Texas04 macrumors 6502a

Texas04

I think he means how are you going to burn your video to DVD. My guess is that you don't have compressor because you have FCE so you will need to export using DV NTSC (or PAL depending on where you are from) Anamorphic. This should export your video at full quality. If you have chapter markers be sure to choose the option to include chapter markers ONLY.
    This will allow you to import your video into iDVD no problem.

5. gokuu thread starter macrumors member

well i normaly use toast 8 to burn my dvd's. but yes if those setting will work best I will export that way.....any ideas on how to fit more video on a dvd? I have a big project and I want to try and fit all of it on dvd, about 2 and half hours worth, possible?

6. gokuu thread starter macrumors member

Any one can help. Is there any way to fit more into a 4.7g DVD....of video files?