What's the best External Battery for Macbooks?

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by n8cas, Jul 26, 2010.

1. n8cas macrumors newbie

I have the Macbook Air and I'm going on vacation soon. I wanted to use it on the plane, but I know the battery doesn't exactly last too long. What's a good external battery out there that's not too too expensive (nothing over $ 250 - I would like to spend between 1 and 2 hundred)? Thanks.

2. Hellhammer Moderator

Hellhammer

Staff Member

Most planes have socket for laptops nowadays so you may want to check that out before buying.

HyperMac is probably one of the best but quite pricey

3. Spacekatgal macrumors regular

Spacekatgal

4. madoka macrumors 6502

madoka

Do you guys own Hypermac batteries? If so, how long have you owned them?

I've owned my MBP-150 for about a year now. According to their ad, I should get an additional 12 hours or so on my Macbook Pro 17. I'm sitting here in a cafe right now and the Hypermac just drained itself in about 1.5 hours (from full charge). :eek: 1.5 hours for a $400 battery!?!?!?!

Their batteries suck and won't hold a charge after just a few months of use.

Not to mention their customer service never returned my email or kept their promises.

5. kernkraft macrumors 68020

kernkraft

Without actual figures apart from the price...

Hypermac prices are nothing short of being ridiculous. The last time I purchased a Bosch battery for a 3 series BMW, I paid around £60 ($100). I could have gone as far as $200, if I really wanted the absolute top product in the dealership.

By contrast, you can buy a small external battery for the iPhone 3G/3GS/4 for less than $10 on Ebay that is able to charge the device once and it will still has some juice left.