What's the best full sized wirelss mouse?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by stanny, Apr 26, 2011.

1. stanny macrumors 6502

Can be bluetooth or with a mini dongle. However, all bluetooth no dongle ones seem to be mini note booked sized. I'm only looking for full sized. NO Microsoft and no Magic mouse. What are some good ones?

2. atlanticza macrumors 6502a

atlanticza

What's the problem with an MS or Apple mouse?

3. simplymuzik3 macrumors 6502a

4. stanny thread starter macrumors 6502

The last 2 wireless MS mouse I had was terrible so I'm staying away. Magic mouse too low and small for my hands.

5. rgarjr macrumors 603

rgarjr

I have the Logitech PMX, it's a really big mouse. Works good on OS X and W7.

6. stanny thread starter macrumors 6502

I read some reviews and heard the battery life is bad on this one. 2 weeks usage or less before having to charge again? I'm quite a heavy user, 8-10 hours on the computer each day.

7. DeaconGraves macrumors 65816

DeaconGraves

I'm guessing you don't need it for gaming, but I'm a big fan of my Razer Mamba. Smooth. Ergonomic. Communicates wirelessly via a USB charging station. Plus if the battery goes dead, you can detach the usb cable from the charging station and plug it straight into the mouse.

8. stanny thread starter macrumors 6502

That mouse looks really sweet. Only deal breaker on that one is the usb dock coming out of it.

9. jenniferdesuza macrumors newbie

I would recommend looking at the Targus wireless. It is ultimate in convenience. It is compatible with notebooks and netbooks.

You can go at a link: usenet and astraweb.

10. fhall1 macrumors 68040

fhall1

Logitech Performance MX - hands down. I have one at work and home. Comes with a single AA Sanyo Eneloop and a charging cable. I already had a charger and a stock of AA Eneloops so the 2 - 3 week battery charge life is no big deal to me. I just wish they'd sell the Bluetooth version separately.

11. stanny thread starter macrumors 6502

Looks like a really good mouse. Too bad the 2 week battery life is a deal breaker for me. Looks like the search continues.

12. stanny thread starter macrumors 6502

Are you talking about this one: http://www.targus.com/us/productdetail.aspx?sku=AMW43US

Looks pretty good. Might try this one out.

13. guitargoddsjm macrumors 6502

I'd stay away from that. It's not the worst mouse I've used, but it leaves a lot to be desired, and that's considering I got it new for less than $10. My biggest problems were with the side buttons, the drivers, and the optical scrolling (good idea in theory, didn't work very well in practice).

My desk mouse has been the Logitech MX Revolution for the past year and a half, which is nice because it has a charging station, so I just stick on there overnight every few weeks.

Since the Performance MX replaces the MX Revolution, I'd have to wholeheartedly recommend that. It'll be leaps and bounds better than the Targus. And considering it comes with eneloops (pretty much the best rechargeable batteries) and a charging cable, it's not really a big deal if it only lasts a couple of weeks. Just charge it overnight once in a while.

Even though you said no MS, I think my portable (sometimes desk) mouse deserves mention - the Microsoft Explorer Mini (which I think has also been replaced by another mouse). It feels really good in the hand, and it has a great tracking system. Oh yeah, and it's less than $20. There are a few similar mice in that MS line (different sizes) that I think you could check out.