Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

zipur

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 3, 2011
The great state of Texas
I fond the Booq Viper, Thule and Hard Candy Bubble. In my mind since I'm gonna spend 3k i should protect it as best I can. The thing is I would prefer a more sleeve'ish style case whereby I could just slide the MBP in Easley. Any comments on these or other hard shell sleeve/cases?

SanJacinto

macrumors regular
Nov 3, 2011
Milky Way Galaxy
Hi Zipur,

I had the same problem. For me it was Booq Vyper vs. Thule Sleeve. I read more than dozen reviews, watched youtube-videos and visited stores.

For me it was like Steve and his choice of furniture for his estate. I was not sure if one of them is "good enough", so I carried my Macbook Pro for nearly a year in a bubble envelope and was very very careful.

To make it short, this summer I got to the store and bought a Booq Vyper.
Really it is magnificent or insanely great. Well build quality and enough cushion. Combination of semi-hard-shell outside and the cushion inside is unique.

The Thule sleeve looks great and in my opinion is more beautiful than the Vyper, but there is no cushion and in most cases, the zipper breaks.
I read it in some reviews on Apple's page, as well as on youtube.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.