Whats the best HDD for Macbook Pro 13" 2.53?!

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by naelamer, Oct 22, 2009.

1. naelamer macrumors member

The day I bought my Macbook Pro 13" 2.53GHz I replaced the HDD to Seagate Momentus 7200.4 500GB, but since then I face lagging while watching videos or even doing anything, I hear the HDD clicking and lagging for a second (I guess its compatibility issue with the HDD!! or Maybe Mac OSX is buggy?). Im planning to replace it with a better one.

What do you advise guys!!

2. rgarjr macrumors 603

rgarjr

3. naelamer thread starter macrumors member

but its still quite expensive!! this shouldnt be a solution as all windows laptops works perfect with HDDs.. why I need SSD for apple!!

4. kgeier82 macrumors 65816

no problems here with the WD Blue 500 5400 in my mac. But I did some research beforehand, and the seagate 7200 was only marginally faster in SOME areas, while being 2x the price!

5. NC MacGuy macrumors 603

NC MacGuy

There've been a few dozen threads on this. You may want to search the forums for in-depth dialogue.

Conclusion is pretty much a running debate.

I'm a WD fan myself. The Scorpio Blue 500GB is pretty reasonable and they recently released a Scorpio Blue 640GB.

6. ozrev888 macrumors newbie

I just bought a a new 13" Macbook Pro today with the same specs and went out to buy the same HDD..... Just curious to know If I install this HDD will it void my Apple Care Protection Plan ?

7. thunderboltspro macrumors regular

Nope as long as you dont mess up the insides and if you do have to return it your going to have to put the old one in.