Whats the best headset for the 3G

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by msarway, Jul 25, 2008.

1. msarway macrumors 6502

msarway

what's the best sounding headset for the 3g.

either with phone support or with out. the headsets that apple supply u with stink.

2. kornyboy macrumors 68000

Wirelessly posted (iPhone: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_0 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5A347 Safari/525.20)

I bought a Motorola H700 for my original iphone and now use it with my iPhone 3G and it does a good job. It is also relatively small and less expensive than Apple's Bluetooth earpiece. If you are looking for something to listen to music with, Bluetooth headsets won't work so you'll have to find something wired for that. Hope this helps.

3. AFPoster macrumors 65816

Bluetooth wise I love the Plantronics 925 and it looks good. The best I have ever used, bought 2 one for me and the wife they're just so awesome. Look on the Apple site they have reviews on them and you can check them out.

4. kiteskiutah macrumors newbie

For bluetooth:
    I use the Motorola H700 ($70) when I drive and it works great. Just discovered though that plugged into the aux jack, the call will go over my speakers. I just talk like its on speaker phone...only its on super speakerphone.

w/ music option:
    I use a panasonic adapter ($9@target) with a microphone. Like an extension cord for head phones, with an added microphone. Got it for my first iphone and love it. Plug it into my Sony earbuds (block out other noise and are very comfortable and small) You can listen to music then a call will come into your earphones and you can hit the mic key on the Panasonic, chat, then go back to music. It is awesome.

5. Julien macrumors G3

Julien

Have tried many IEM's and now use and love UE 11 Pro's.

6. jsgreen macrumors 6502

For $1150 they should have a mic. Overkill and useless for the iPhone if you want to take calls, IMO.

7. Julien macrumors G3

Julien

The OP asked for best sounding and said mic not necessary so my post is very applicable. The UE 11 Pro's are professional IEM's and not iPhone specific so of course they don't have a mic (does John Mayer sing through his UE's mic? :D ).

You do know that the iPhone is not just a phone but also an iPod so sound quality can be important.

8. Paix247 macrumors 6502

How many iPhones does it come with for that price? :confused:

9. NewSc2 macrumors 65816

Instead of the UE-11 Pro's, I'd recommend the Etymotic HF-2's (Etymotic ER4p with a mic -- about $150). I have a pair of Ety ER4p's and Shure SE530's. They both have their good and bads (Shure's are bassy, Etys are crisp and balanced), but for the price I'd go with the Etys any day.