What's the best iPhone earbuds

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Jaben3421, May 27, 2012.

1. Jaben3421 macrumors regular

Hey Everyone,

I was wondering what all you guys use. I personally like the Skullcandy Ink'd earbuds, but am looking for new ones. In your opinion, what's the best. Post pics if you want.

2. runtohell121 macrumors 6502

Depending on the price... I'm still using my Logitech Ultimate Ears 700 ($100+(?))

3. labman macrumors 604

labman

Always tough to answer for others. what is your budget and what are you looking for do you want a balanced headphones or something like beats that enhance bass for rap and dubstep etc.. Amazon is one of the best places to look because of the reviews etc.

4. Jaben3421 thread starter macrumors regular

My price range is anything $200 or under. I'm looking for earbuds that enhance the bass, exactly like beats. Only problem is that the iBeats and tours got reviews that say they break easily.

5. bandofbrothers macrumors 601

bandofbrothers

Monster turbines for my iPhone 4

&

Skullcandy smokin buds for my iPod touch.

6. labman macrumors 604

labman

this is the best comparison review with 239 IEM's keep in mind it's from a Audiophile. In other words the reviewer doesn't like the beats type so take that part with a grain of salt. I also agree Monster turbines would be a good choice Amazon has them for $75 so you could buy about 3 pairs compared to Dre's btw same manufacture it's been said the quality is better on these. http://www.amazon.com/Monster-Turbine-High-Performance-In-Ear-Speakers/dp/B001LNO722

http://www.head-fi.org/t/478568/multi-iem-review-239-iems-compared-alclair-reference-added-05-24-12

7. ECUpirate44 macrumors 603

ECUpirate44

8. bassanoclapper macrumors 6502

bassanoclapper

I use Shure SE215 and love them. Quality cable, snug fit with good sound isolation. Not had the need to but detachable drivers are a nice touch so either the L, R or cable can be replaced down the line if required

9. webslinger85 macrumors 6502a

webslinger85

I've been using a pair of Ultimate Ears Superfi 4's for 2 years now, for a sub $100 pair of in ears, they're great.

10. grafftillidie macrumors newbie

Soul s49's are the best set in my opinion, from what I have used..

11. djransom macrumors 68040

djransom

I really need to invest in a pair of these. I keep hearing good things about these.

12. ECUpirate44 macrumors 603

ECUpirate44

They're really top notch. Better than earbuds twice their price.

13. Ray- macrumors regular

Ray-

Like Lab says, recommending headphones is a hard thing to do without asking a lot of questions! But the most important question is usually knowing how much you're ready to spend. And $200 is a pretty good ceiling to get quality buds.

Like everyone has been saying, you can't really go wrong with the klipsch s4i.

The only one problem I have the klipsch is the 3.5mm plug they use is a straight plug, like the earphones that comes with the iPhone. I find straight plugs tend to break after a couple months if you put your phone in your front pant pockets. Cause the natural walking motion just bends the hell out of the plug and eventually the wires inside just break. It might not be a problem for some people, but I've had to replace at least 2-3 pairs of wires cause of that. Now I just replace everything with "L" shape plugs if they break.

You might want to take a look at the Sennheiser CX 880i and Shure SE315. Both of which are also excellent and come with L shape plugs.

14. bwhli macrumors 6502a

bwhli

I recommend Shure's IEMs. I originally had a pair of SE315's and then upgraded to the SE535's recently. Currently, I'm using a pair of Sennheiser HD-25's because I've been doing more mixing.

15. tehibn macrumors newbie

if you are really in to your headphones i would check out this forum:

http://www.head-fi.org/

they got a broad range of forums that cover all the different kinds of headphones.

16. pjarvi macrumors 65816

pjarvi

I've been using MEElectronics M9 series for a few years now. Under $30 with excellent sound. I use them whenever I take the train cross-country to block out all the rail noise and get some sleep.

http://www.meelec.com

17. ChristianJapan macrumors 601

ChristianJapan

as a fallback I have a set of those in my backpack Denon.

but actually I don't really like those in-ear buds as they are not fitting well; doesn't matter what brand or rubber cover. But better then nothing when my BT is not charged and/or my P5 is at home.