What's the best leopard-compatible Benchmarking app?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by LeoLion, Jun 24, 2008.

1. LeoLion macrumors newbie

LeoLion

I've already got Xbench and Geekbench but Xbench is a bit old and a bit simple, and Geekbench I just don't understand... I even purchased the official version of Geekbench and noticed NO difference between it and the demo!?

I know that HDTach / HDTune are tres good for PC (for HDD benching) - are there any great Leopard compatible benchmarking softwares around?

2. amoda macrumors 6502a

Xbench and Geekbench are the two best (only?) benchmark tools. Both are very good but Geekbench is better in my opinion.

When you purchase Geekbench you get access to the 64bit version (as well as the ppc but you probably don't need it.) So instead of running the free 32bit version (the only one in the demo) use the 64bit one. You can tell which is which by the name. Leopard is 64bit, so you should see your score go up.

When you run Geekbench you get a Geekbench score, mine was like 3363 or whatever. You then submit your score to an online database and can compare your MBP to the other laptops/desktops out there.

Check out this link to see what your laptop score should be close to. If there is a major discrepancy it might show a hardware problem.