What's the best lyrics widget?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by riker1384, Apr 11, 2008.

1. riker1384 macrumors regular

I'm having trouble with Sing that Itune; it's finding lyrics for fewer and fewer songs. Which one is your favorite? I want one that automatically displays lyrics and saves them in Itunes if they aren't there already, but if I already have lyrics I don't want it saving over them.

2. jcs1088 macrumors regular

There's CantoPod, it has a big lyrics resource, but you need to type out the artist and song name. TunesTEXT in my opinion the best one, it has a huge lyrics library and will find lyrics automatically. The only problem I had with it was when it's searching for the lyrics to the song you're currently listening to it will skip a beat or two, which can get annoying after awhile. I don't like Sing That iTunes!, it's very unreliable and it saves all the lyrics in text and the art work, which just takes up my hard drive.

3. felixen macrumors 6502a

so TunesTEXT doesnt embed the lyrics into the file? I need this for my iTunes and iPod Touch.. It seems all the lyrics apps for mac suck. I had iArt on windows which was really good. Only ones I see for Mac can only search lyrics for the song currently playing.. that's garbage. iArt would scan my whole library and save all the lyrics into the file. Aren't there any similar app on mac?