What's the best option for increasing # of charge cables?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by iPhone7ate9, Jul 3, 2014.

1. iPhone7ate9 macrumors 6502a

Apple cables are expensive but I like to have a lot. So I was thinking is the best option to just get an adapter for existing cables? If so which one? Lightning to mini USB might give me most compatibility. There's also a lightning to 30 pin.

2. zhenya macrumors 603

zhenya

The usb adapter cables will charge only, not sync, and the 30-pin adapter cables are more expensive than the cables themselves.

When I found myself in this position, I bought a few cables with Best Buy reward zone certificates which drastically lowered the price, and I bought a few from Other World Computing who was selling genuine cables un-boxed for a good price.

You can also buy licensed cables from Amazon, Monoprice, etc, but I found the savings wasn't that great and the connectors were bigger than the genuine cables.

3. Ann P macrumors 68020

Save yourself the trouble and just buy certified cables on Amazon. Got myself a few Anker cables, they were $10/each. Holding up much better than the Apple ones.

4. iPhone7ate9 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Ohhh so the adapters won't let me transfer stuff over the computer?
    What I really need are longer cables so I can charge the phone and keep it near me.

5. zhenya macrumors 603

zhenya

The adapter that works with a regular USB cable won't. The Apple 30-pin adapters will, but they are expensive and bulky.

6. iPhone7ate9 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Well Ok then I think maybe I'll get one long certified cable, then a few cheap cables off ebay for emergencies and maybe a cable for car charging. Maybe a micro USB adapter too for emergencies, off ebay.

Luckily I already have 3 of the charger blocks so I'll have 4 when the 6 comes out.

7. Pharmscott macrumors 6502a

Pharmscott

Monoprice.com has MFi certified cables starting at $12. They also have some stylish options too. Definitely check them out.

8. zorinlynx macrumors 601

zorinlynx

http://store.apple.com/us/product/MD820ZM/A/lightning-to-micro-usb-adapter

And I quote: "The Lightning to Micro USB Adapter lets you connect an iPhone, iPad, or iPod with Lightning connector to micro USB cables and chargers to sync and charge your device."

So you should be able to sync with the USB adapter.

The only reason I haven't bought this is it costs the SAME as a full cable. So there's absolutely no point in buying one to adapt a micro-USB cable when I can just buy another native cable.

9. KUguardgrl13 macrumors 68020

KUguardgrl13

I bought the genuine Apple lightening cable and a longer AmazonBasics both on Amazon at discounted prices. The Apple cable was $16.70, and the AmazonBasics one was $14.99.

My boyfriend also found supposedly genuine Apple lightening cables in a three pack on Groupon for a good price. That was several months ago, and I'm not sure I've they've come up again.