Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

txdave38

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 20, 2011
You shouldn't need to install that software to set up your router. Here's a guide to how to do it through your web browser.
http://www.corenetworkz.com/2009/07/setup-belkin-wireless-n-router-by.html

The guide is a bit old, and the setup screens will likely be a bit different because you probably have a different router from the one used in the guide, but the basic idea is the same. Just get into the settings screen and start exploring. Don't be afraid to mess up, because if you do, you can always do a hardware reset.

Hey guys,

I've been out of pocket, but I wanted to come back and thank you for all the help. I used this link, and had the wireless working right away! My ipad2 connected with no problems, and I'm now getting 12 mbs speed. woohoo. I was a bit bummed to discover that I have to buy a wireless adapter to get the Xbox on wifi, but now I can have my Xbox and computer online at the same time. Before, I would have to unplug one port which was a major pain.

I should have done this a long time ago. lol

MultiMediaWill

macrumors 68000
Aug 1, 2010
Minneapolis
Hey guys,

I've been out of pocket, but I wanted to come back and thank you for all the help. I used this link, and had the wireless working right away! My ipad2 connected with no problems, and I'm now getting 12 mbs speed. woohoo. I was a bit bummed to discover that I have to buy a wireless adapter to get the Xbox on wifi, but now I can have my Xbox and computer online at the same time. Before, I would have to unplug one port which was a major pain.

I should have done this a long time ago. lol

Dude you were living in the stone age. I have had a wireless router since 2004 same with most ppl on this forum... wow

d1sahib

macrumors member
Oct 17, 2009
Reston, VA
Thanks for all the suggestions. I'm curious about Verizon's device. Can you do a lot with their limited data plans? Did you have to sign a 2 year contract?

The $50/5GB is more than sufficient for my travel/walk-about needs. I bought an unlocked device on eBay and signed up for a monthly plan. I can suspend service for up to 90 days when I don't need it (e.g., traveling internationally).

And, performance continues to be excellent (more so since I bought a iTrent 11000 mAH battery).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.