What's the best option?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by rcp27, Jun 9, 2011.

1. rcp27 macrumors regular

So here's my position. I have a C2D MacBook that I bought as a student (spring '08), and I have recently got an iMac and iPad which replace it for most of my everyday usage. The iMac runs Snow Leopard now, and I plan to upgrade to Lion. I had intended to upgrade the MacBook to Lion too (it came with Leopard, and I never bothered to upgrade it to Snow Leopard). It seems to me I have three options:

1) leave the MacBook on Leopard, it's getting on a bit and I don't use it that much anyway
    2) buy an upgrade to Snow Leopard now while the disks are still available, and then upgrade it to Lion next month
    3) is it possible to use the disks that came with my iMac (came with Snow Leopard on it) to install Snow Leopard on the MacBook? Then upgrade to Lion.

There may be some possible other mechanism to upgrade to Lion, but it seems not enough details are available yet to get a 4th option. What do people reckon I should do?

2. paulsalter macrumors 68000

paulsalter

i dont think 3 is possible, the disks are tied to the machine they where supplied with

from what i have read, you can buy Lion with your iMac, then copy the file to a USB/DVD, then use this to upgrade your MacBook to Lion, dont think you need SL on it, as long as you have one machine that can purchase the download you are ok