what's the best refurb price I can expect .....

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by marbles, May 7, 2008.

?

Best refurb price

Poll closed May 27, 2008.
  1. under £500

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. £500 ~ £800

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. £800 ~ £ 1000

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. over £1000

2 vote(s)
    100.0%
  1. marbles macrumors 68000

marbles

for a MBP 15" (penryn) or a Macbook( penryn) mid range .... been looking for an age now but it seems the bargains a non existant ( in the UK at least )

or ... should I use my Higher education discount and buy new ?

any thoughts or experiences appreciated

2. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

What you see in the refurb store is what you pay. There are no secrets, really.

Use your educational discount to buy new if you get a better model. Personally, I wouldn't care, and would definitely get a refurb, even if it was the previous model. There's barely a difference, and refurbs have been checked over. New MBPs haven't.

3. marbles thread starter macrumors 68000

marbles

Thanks for the response

but I think there are secrets to the refurb store ( keeps me busy thinking about the possibility's anyway lol )

fair point re the checking over ...I could certainly do without the hassle of sending another Mac back for being faulty

I'm not a chaser of the latest and greatest but I do seek the best deal ( don't we all )

Been seeing prices of around 6-700 for 2.1 ghz white macbooks and over a grand for MBP 2.2 which doesn't strike me as particularly good value ....but then, I am a tight wad when It comes to shelling out the coins :)

I think I'll just sit and watch for a while