whats the best sleeve/case for my MBP 15

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by itsbenawhile, Oct 4, 2011.

1. itsbenawhile macrumors member

i do not want dents like i have got on my iPad from putting in laptop part of backpack. don't want a case really, just a sleeve to put the mbp in. thanks

2. Risasi macrumors 6502

Check out www.booqbags.com

I bought the Vyper sleeve for my 13" and love it. I don't even bother using my bag most of the time.

3. fingerman macrumors member

Clear Speck Case on my 15" MBP and also have a

LArobe Black Addict Unibody MacBook Pro 15 Inch - Black + Wasabi LArobe Black Addict Unibody MacBook Pro 15 Inch - Black + Wasabi - Amazon £20 ish

I use this when I feel adventurous and remove the Speck!

4. itsbenawhile thread starter macrumors member

http://www.booqbags.com/laptop-back...oprene-laptop-sleeves/Taipan-skin-M-black-red

so that would be the best bet? i don't want to have to worry if i have a sleeve and it in a well padded area in a backpack. i won't be throwing it around but just with normal wear. sitting it down and picking it back up. i just wanna go the extra mile and make sure it is well protected....we all know we didn't get our mbp cheap

----------

i couldn't find any reviews on this brand so i don't think i want.

http://www.goincase.com/products/detail/protective-sleeve-deluxe-cl57565/1

something that will do me best. let me know thanks

5. AuroraProject macrumors 65816

AuroraProject

Wirelessly posted (iPhone 4: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_5 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8L1 Safari/6533.18.5)

Another vote for Booq. Great quality stuff.

6. itsbenawhile, Oct 4, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 4, 2011

itsbenawhile thread starter macrumors member

where would it ship from. that other one seems nice. I just want a sleeve for that extra protection!

----------

http://www.booqbags.com/laptop-back...book-pro-bags/Viper-M3-GTR-macbook-pro-sleeve

so this would be my best bet?

7. itsbenawhile thread starter macrumors member

did you get the GTR or just the Vyper one? i was thinking about getting the gtr, seems like i could use it with out a bag sometimes.

8. eternalife macrumors regular

9. itsbenawhile thread starter macrumors member

that looks very nice. already have a bag though and looking for just a sleeve for that extra protection! thanks for then link though. would def get that if i didn't have a bag

10. Risasi macrumors 6502

I haven't seen the Taipan in person, just the Vyper...which I have. I think the Taipan is just neoprene (think wetsuit), whereas the Vyper is a semi-hard fiber case. It's actually hard enough I'm using it as a lapdesk while sitting on the couch with my wife and kid.
    The interior is fairly thickly padded. There is also a canvas bead that goes around the rim and protects the computer from the zippers.

And I think I got it from Amazon.

I have one criticism;

I really wish it had a canvas loop, or D-ring. Something I could attach a lanyard or carry strap to. Sometimes I do need hands-free when walking around and juggling my coffee or whatever.

EDIT: And yes, just the std black, no GTR.

11. itsbenawhile thread starter macrumors member

i went ahead and ordered the GTR. can't wait. want me to cost pictures and do a review for you guys?

12. Risasi macrumors 6502

Sure, I think it would be good to share. I was tempted by the GTR, but chickened out. I use my laptop in a corporate environment and like to blend in, not stick out. Black goes with everything. ;-)

13. pingfan59 macrumors member

Vyper M3 Case for my 15" MBP. Fits snug and been great. Had it for 2 months now. Worth the money imo

14. itsbenawhile thread starter macrumors member

it doesn't look like it wouldn't fit in. its more grayish on the outside it looks like. ill post photos and what i think about it when it gets here. i got two day shipping.

15. no3tic888 macrumors member