What's the best software and hardware for printing address labels?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by jclin10, Dec 4, 2018.

1. jclin10 macrumors newbie

I'm currently using a Dymo 450 printer, but their software isn't so great. I'd ideally love to print directly to my Dymo using macOS Contacts, but am wondering if that's the best way to print address labels.

Does anyone have any experience on the best hardware and particularly, software, for printing address labels well? Is Contacts the best way to go or is there a good alternative?

It's the holidays, so I have a lot of addresses to print!

Thanks in advance!

2. jclin10 thread starter macrumors newbie

3. Dave Braine macrumors 68040

Dave Braine

I use Pearlabilizer to print on standard Avery Label sheets.
    http://www.pearworks.com/pages/software.html

If you put all those addresses into one Group in Contacts, you can print direct from the app.

4. Jeffois macrumors member

Wouldn't any Contacts app, (Mac Contacts.app, BusyContacts, Cardhop) do this?

Also, Word can handle Avery labels quite well. I don't use Pages, but I'd be surprised if it can't...

5. robgendreau macrumors 68040

I've been using Labelist by Chronos and like it.

6. Dave Braine, Dec 8, 2018 at 1:28 PM
    Last edited: Dec 8, 2018 at 1:35 PM

Dave Braine macrumors 68040

Dave Braine

Yes, Contacts will, but it seems to scale the text to entirely fill the label.

Pages Help just directs you print from Contacts for labels.

7. sgtaylor5 macrumors member

sgtaylor5

There is a Design&Print app available directly from Avery. You have to make an account (of course) but the app works.

8. myxmptlx macrumors newbie

I like Labels & Addresses by Belight Software. Pretty intuitive, reasonably priced and their customer service is pretty spiffy.

9. stmsfo macrumors newbie

I've been using the Dymo system (proprietary single-label printer) and their software, DymoLabel, for over 10 years. I'm currently using their LabelWriter 450 Turbo printer. The printer works extremely well -- I've always been happy with their hardware. However, their software is the worst consumer software I think I've ever used. It is completely opaque, non-intuitive, and doesn't follow the conventions of MS Word. It is incredibly frustrating. And, their software has not gotten any better over the years. I think I'm going to try Labels & Addresses software with the Dymo printer, which Labels & Addresses says they support. It's a bit of a hack, but the Dymo software is just the worst. It's a shame, because they could really own this market segment, if they had decent software!