What's the best thin black smooth leather folio case for the new iPad (iPad 3)?

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by b24pgg, Apr 1, 2012.

1. b24pgg macrumors 65816

I saw the Griffin Elan Folio Slim today which has the look I want, but the reviews I've seen indicate that it has poor build quality and loosens/frays quickly. Anyone know of cases that are similar to the Griffin Elan Folio Slim and have good reviews?

Thanks

[​IMG]

2. wahoo24jc macrumors newbie

3. ssmats macrumors newbie

I've found that the magnets are not strong enough to turn off the New iPad.

4. b24pgg, Apr 2, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 2, 2012

b24pgg thread starter macrumors 65816

Thanks for the suggestions! I went ahead and ordered the Yoobao Executive Leather. There is a new revision for the iPad 3 and people have mentioned in other threads that the auto sleep/wake works properly.

EDIT: MacRumors is censoring the domain in my link for some reason. Replace the asterisks with "kevikev"

[​IMG]

5. b24pgg thread starter macrumors 65816

Been using the Yoobao for about a week now and it's great. Thanks again everyone for the suggestions.

If you decide to get it, make sure you get the iPad 3 version as there are quite a few different revisions that look similar.

6. ElDogman macrumors 6502

ElDogman

I have the belkin, its not that thin because it's one of those folios with an adjustable stand built in, which is good if you want that feature.
    but returning mines because automatic on/off is not working despite advertising as such.

7. blile macrumors newbie

I really like the Poetic Strapback. It is solid, doesn't add much bulk, looks good, and I love the different viewing angles. I had the Poetic hard back, but didn't like the way the cover slid too much activating the screen.

8. Autokon macrumors 6502

Autokon