Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

partyBoy

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Nov 8, 2009
Dilligaf
hello from miami...i just wanted to know what is the best video app, one that will make video streaming smooth as silk..the only ones i know are : div x,flip4mac and perian,are there more or which one is better from the 3,should i have just one or all 3 :confused:

partyBoy

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Nov 8, 2009
Dilligaf
Gawd. VLC from VLan.org

does vlc work with you tube cause sometimes when i watch you tube it freezes and see the little icon spinning and sometimes i watch online movies and it freezes as well so vlc will help these 2 websites right or not??????

partyBoy

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Nov 8, 2009
Dilligaf
i have bad news i tried downloading VLC but it did not work for me,the app loaded but every time i pressed the play button a error and warning window came out and that app is NOT user friendly i am running tiger 10.4 so i loaded the correct version ??? what happened does any one know ?

thegoldenmackid

macrumors 604
Dec 29, 2006
dallas, texas
i have bad news i tried downloading VLC but it did not work for me,the app loaded but every time i pressed the play button a error and warning window came out and that app is NOT user friendly i am running tiger 10.4 so i loaded the correct version ??? what happened does any one know ??? :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

Your signature is so annoying. You need to download this version.

LeeTom

macrumors 68000
May 31, 2004
To improve your YouTube experience, try ClickToFlash. It disables flash on websites until you click on the flash areas, but for YouTube in particular it changes all the YouTube videos from Flash to H.264 videos that play in a QuickTime Player plugin. Sweet!

I also like VLC, but also have Perian installed so that Quicktime will play nearly all the videos that VLC can, because I like the look of Quicktime X in Snow Leopard.

partyBoy

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Nov 8, 2009
Dilligaf
To improve your YouTube experience, try ClickToFlash. It disables flash on websites until you click on the flash areas, but for YouTube in particular it changes all the YouTube videos from Flash to H.264 videos that play in a QuickTime Player plugin. Sweet!

I also like VLC, but also have Perian installed so that Quicktime will play nearly all the videos that VLC can, because I like the look of Quicktime X in Snow Leopard.

the website sayz its only for safari i dont use safari i use firefox,is there another site for that but for firefox ?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.