Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

margenbLee

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 21, 2011
hello! can you help me with this, guys?

I recently became an apple user so i'm still new to it. i tried downloading youtube videos thru atube catcher and the output profile is IPOD TOUCH/IPHONE MPEG-4 320x240. when I played it on my iphone, it's not as good as when I'm watching it on youtube. It seems pixelized and stretched. I search on youtube about iphone videos and many says that the video codec must be h246???

do you know some free softwares to download youtube videos in a h246? thank you so much!!:):)

boomhower

macrumors 68000
Oct 21, 2011
hello! can you help me with this, guys?

I recently became an apple user so i'm still new to it. i tried downloading youtube videos thru atube catcher and the output profile is IPOD TOUCH/IPHONE MPEG-4 320x240. when I played it on my iphone, it's not as good as when I'm watching it on youtube. It seems pixelized and stretched. I search on youtube about iphone videos and many says that the video codec must be h246???

do you know some free softwares to download youtube videos in a h246? thank you so much!!:):)

If they are "shortish" videos and you have a newer computer just convert them with handbrake. It's an awesome program and has presets for all of Apples products to get the right format and perfect resolution. It's free too.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.