What's the Best Way to Get 3.0 While on the Go???

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by justiny, Jun 9, 2009.

1. justiny macrumors 6502

justiny

Here's my dilemma:

I'm going to be on vacation for two weeks starting 6/15 and will be away from my iMac that I sync my 3G with. However, I will have my PowerBook G4 with me.

Is there anyway to download 3.0 to my iPhone via PB without screwing with my apps and content I already have on there? In other words, can I get 3.0 while being away from my iMac without losing everything on my iPhone?

Or should I just tough it out for two weeks and grab 3.0 when I get home?

Thanks in advance. Justin

2. abijnk macrumors 68040

abijnk

Certainly. Install iTunes on your notebook and then transfer either your entire iTunes library over, or just what you want to make sure you have with you. Then sync your iPhone with your notebook to make sure that you have a backup on there with your settings and everything. Then you can update when 3.0 comes out and restore from that backup you created.

There might be a less round-about way to do it, but this will definitely work.

3. justiny thread starter macrumors 6502

justiny

4. mr.stinki macrumors 6502

Or you could just get it right now and not have to wait. -coughtorrentscough-

Seriously though, the official GM version of the software was leaked on the torrents. Just make sure you get build 7A341 and you'll be good.

5. sako94 macrumors regular

hey mr stinki is it safe though like is this one still buggy or pretty much what users are going to get if they bought the 3G(S) right now ?

6. socco macrumors regular

Yeah, just go download it now. I did, and it works fine.

7. justiny thread starter macrumors 6502

justiny

So let me get this straight... 3.0 has already been "released", I just have to go out and find it on <cough*cough> ?

8. clearchaos macrumors regular

clearchaos

*cough-ya i'm using it now and have not found any bugs at all. make sure you get 3.0 GM and shift/command+restore using iTunes 8.2-cough*

9. mr.stinki macrumors 6502

We all need some tylenol cold or something lol.

Just search iPhone 3G GM Torrent and make sure it's the build I told you. It was leaked, but it's the version that's going to be released next Wednesday. It's not buggy at all actually. Well, that coming from one day of usage, but still. It's not like it's going to matter wether you get it now or in a couple of weeks, it's still going to be the same build, so why wait?