Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

billymacroy

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 17, 2018
USA
I'm looking for a web cam for the base model mac mini that will work with facetime?2018.El Capitan or Sierra/ High Sierra.

MSastre

macrumors 6502a
Aug 18, 2014
Logitech C920 or C930. I use them both. C920 is a little less expensive.

computernut38

macrumors newbie
Sep 2, 2015
I have a Logitech C920 and it has an echo with Facetime. I have tried everything, but it does not work properly. It works with Skype, but not Facetime. I cannot return it and Logitech does not know what to do to fix it. It seems there is no echo cancelling in this camera. Do not buy if you are using it with FaceTime.

mmomega

macrumors demi-god
Dec 30, 2009
DFW, TX
I've used a 920 with FaceTime for years and just recently went with the Logitech BRIO 4K webcam.
I don't install any of Logitechs drivers/install packs simply because I have consistently had issues with devices after installing any Logitech software. Mice, Keyboards not as much but I have experienced it, several webcams.

When I buy them now it is just plug in and use.

computernut38

macrumors newbie
Sep 2, 2015
Logitech C920 does not have any echo cancelling when used with a Mac Mini. My friend and I tried every option. Logitech even admitted this to me on the phone. On the mac mini the camera interferes with any speaker you have. The other way around it is to wear headphones and a microphone. I have switched to Skype and everything works perfectly without headphones and a microphone.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.