What's the catch 32Gb for $250

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by troycrna, Aug 24, 2008.

1. troycrna macrumors newbie

Quoted 250 for a 32Gb touch. Claims new in factory sealed box with warrenty and 90 day return policy. Sounds too good to be true. The email of the seller is camerawarehouse@live.com name is John Terry. What questions should I be askin.

thanks
    troy

2. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

you know what they say about things that are too good to be true... they probably are.

3. troycrna thread starter macrumors newbie

so what would I more than likely get you think, a refurb factory resale or what.

4. swiftaw macrumors 603

swiftaw

I'd say you'd be more likely to get an empty box.

5. California King macrumors 65816

Where are you buying this from. Sounds like a scam. I say stay away.

6. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

I think you would more likely get ripped off completely.... this sounds just like one of those scam camera stores that has insanely low prices for SLRs and then calls you up with all kinds of random reasons why they can't ship, need more cash from you, want you to upgrade to product X, to threaten you, etc... and then you try and cancel your order and find you cannot....

Exercise caution. Someone wants to sell you something for $250 that ... came out relatively recently, sells new for $500, and sells refurbished for $399. Yeah, the good outcome is that you'll lose your $250. The bad outcome end of the spectrum would be that you get sucked into an identity theft ring and some Russian mob unit gets all your personal information. :p

7. troycrna thread starter macrumors newbie

Maybe I will see if they will ship c.o.d. and open the box at the postoffice. If they will not agree then no way.

8. archi17 macrumors regular

i don't even think you'd be lucky enough to get that

9. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

Good luck with that... if you do manage to somehow out-scam a professional scammer, it would at least make a good blog post. ;)

10. troycrna thread starter macrumors newbie

just bought a new one from walmart on it right now and lovin it