Whats the complaints procedure on Apple repairs?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by gaymerraver, Oct 1, 2016.

1. gaymerraver macrumors member

gaymerraver

Right so I've had many issues with my 6s that Apple just replaced however,
    It has took £40 in train fares.
    7 days without an iphone
    1 mail in repair
    to find out that the battery is swollen!

Now heres the story

few weeks ago I let the Apple Store in Stratford (London,UK) fix my display after the screen suddely went.
    Now heres the main bit. They kept it overnight. Next day I got my repaired iPhone. Couple days of using it I had massive battery drain. I called up Apple instantly they said to set up a mail repair. Which I did so,

5 days later, Diagnostics show nothing is wrong (this was about 10 days ago) and they send my phone back.

Same issue. massive battery drainage would only last 20 minutes. Esculated the issue senior manager set up a replacement as long as they could see the issue themselves in store, So we set up a convent garden apt and that was today..

Instantly the iPhone FAILED.
    [​IMG]

Now I know swollen battery is one of the last precautions of a failed battery
    but how the **** did my iPhone pass the diagnostics 2 weeks ago when I was having the same battery decreases before it went into mail repair. This is Apple, not some cheap Chinese company. but this support experiences compared to my others with Apple have felt like the later. (been a owner since the 3G, had many times with great support from Apple prior to this)

I'm short of sending an email to the senior manager who helped me out to get a complaint/investigation into this issue

If somebody could tell me what the procedure is that would great.

Gladly got a iPhone 7+ now though - my partner has the 6S now. He is happy fyi :)

2. rmeadejr macrumors 6502a

rmeadejr

Did you call support and ask for there manager. If you are happy with that person, got to the next higher person, etc.

Sorry that is only thing I can think of.

3. gaymerraver thread starter macrumors member

gaymerraver

Senior Manager = "higher person" I did and he was the one to set up my replacement.
    my main concern is how did my iphone pass diagnostics 2 weeks ago in mail in repair when I had the battery issues right after the Stratford store fixed my display (3 weeks ago)

A battery does not just suddenly go from good health to very bad health, it takes time and i'm pretty concerned about it.

4. rmeadejr macrumors 6502a

rmeadejr

Someone wasn't paying any attention. Do you have the managers number?

5. gaymerraver thread starter macrumors member

gaymerraver

Nope, I'm going to call Stratford's manager tomorrow because it wasnt untill that techie who fixed my display overnight the battery issues persisted, I think he did a botched job in all my honesty.

6. MrBukey macrumors regular

Email Tim Cook. It obviously won't go to him but a team that manages his public account.

Be nice, explain the great service in the past, but you don't think you got it this time and it left you out of pocket. Explain that you wanted to escalate to an appropriate level as Apple is a company you value and you specifically appreciate the normally great customer service - and if no-one lets them know when things go wrong, they can't do anything about it/improve for future customer issues.

Likely a senior manager from Ireland will give you a phone call or e-mail.

7. gaymerraver thread starter macrumors member

gaymerraver

Yea I might try it, I complained to the EA CEO about the Battlefield 1 cockup and got a reply from it :)

But that is very true! I love Apple thats why I'm not just going to say eff this about Apple, It's just the 1 bad experience that somebody has to have, had to be me and I wont let them not investigate that.

is tim cooks email just tim.cook@apple.com?

8. MrBukey macrumors regular

Exactly. At the end things will always go wrong. Apple are normally great at sorting things, and they have very high customer service standards. Even then, sometimes things go wrong - but raised to the right level they always seem to want to know so they can put things.right for the customer and fix the situation to prevent future incidents.

Tim Cook's public email address is tcook@apple.com.

9. gaymerraver thread starter macrumors member

gaymerraver

Exactly, at worst the techies will probably just get some training again hopefully. Glad this forum understands how it should be haha.

Cheers for the email too hopefully get a follow up I'll post it on here otherwise but will prepare a little bit for my email haha I just smoked a bowl.