Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

wPod

macrumors 68000
Aug 19, 2003
Denver, CO
I've been searching for a good BT mouse for a while, and have tried out a couple of different ones. And I have hated every one so far! So I decided to give the BT MM a try. No, its not perfect. The right click takes some getting used to, but once i got used to it, it seems to function pretty well. The squeeze button (or whatever it is) is pretty much useless. I have to completely re-locate my fingers on the mouse and squeeze pretty hard to get the stupid thing to work. But, some positives. . . .I love the scroll ball! I installed iScroll on my PB and have enjoyed being able to scroll up/down as well as left/right. So getting that built into a mouse was pretty cool. the laser tracking seems accurate and is very fast to response. The MM BT is much better than The Mouse BT that I had before! So, for a BT mouse I would reccomend the MM BT. But, no BT or wireless mouse stands a chance against my favorite mouse of all time. the logitech MX 518. 1600 dpi optical, adjustable to 3 settings of accuracy, and the 2 extra side buttons are magical! Nothing can beat this mouse. I really want the logitech G7, but it only has one side button, not two. And for powerfull programs, like photoshop or AutoCAD or Pro/E (yes i do a lot of work in windows. . . im a mechanical engineer) i use all of the buttons and actually dont like mice with no extra buttons any more for such use.

airmac

macrumors regular
Aug 26, 2003
viccles said:
No need to get nasty

And why not. What I don*t get is the ignorance of this company. Despite that a lot of people didn*t liked the wired mighty mouse, Apple completely ignored that fact and made it exactly the same. But wait, no wires this time.

I mean, really, is it so hard to read ^customer reviews^ ?!

mac000

macrumors 6502a
Sep 6, 2005
um its the apple might mouse without the CORD? couldn't get any better than that.

my only gripe is that it seems a little expensive.

BUT, the scroll ball is perfect, the side buttons are a PLUS, and it is very comfortable to use!!!

oh yea and its an Apple product so C"MON NOW!

Ubuntu

macrumors 68020
Jul 3, 2005
UK/US
airmac said:
And why not. What I don*t get is the ignorance of this company. Despite that a lot of people didn*t liked the wired mighty mouse, Apple completely ignored that fact and made it exactly the same. But wait, no wires this time.

Okay, be angry all you want at Apple, but not at Viccles. Just because Apple isn't an A* company in your books it doesn't mean that it's alright for other members to be mocked. I found what LoveMacMini said funny, but I can understand how Viccles may have not.

Bern

macrumors 68000
Nov 10, 2004
Australia
airmac said:

Sometimes it's the ignorance of the consumer that may deem a product as mediocre :rolleyes:

The BT Mighty Mouse IMO is fantastic and well worth the cost. It's unique design separates it from the ordinary and it's laser, scroll ball and buttons makes it superior in functionality.

I have no problems with mine at all. It's smooth and the buttons work exactly as they should.

The only way you'll know for sure whether or not you like it is to try it out for yourself. If you do so in a store make sure they have the driver installed on the Mac you are using it on (surprisingly some stores don't bother) and play around with some of the settings.

airmac

macrumors regular
Aug 26, 2003
Bern said:
Sometimes it's the ignorance of the consumer that may deem a product as mediocre :rolleyes:

The BT Mighty Mouse IMO is fantastic and well worth the cost. It's unique design separates it from the ordinary and it's laser, scroll ball and buttons makes it superior in functionality.

I have no problems with mine at all. It's smooth and the buttons work exactly as they should.

The only way you'll know for sure whether or not you like it is to try it out for yourself. If you do so in a store make sure they have the driver installed on the Mac you are using it on (surprisingly some stores don't bother) and play around with some of the settings.

Don*t bother man. Again. A lot of people besides me didn*t like the mouse. And a lot of them didn*t bother to repeat this in this thread cause it*s pointless. Not to mention how long Apple took to make a 2 button mouse. Just plain ignorance.

airmac

macrumors regular
Aug 26, 2003
Ubuntu said:
Okay, be angry all you want at Apple, but not at Viccles. Just because Apple isn't an A* company in your books it doesn't mean that it's alright for other members to be mocked. I found what LoveMacMini said funny, but I can understand how Viccles may have not.

Why would I be angry to Viccles and why did you take it so personal? This forum is not about people, it*s about products and sharing experiences. I simply disagree about the product*s functionality. Like someone else said, this mouse is a fundamental flaw.

Ubuntu

macrumors 68020
Jul 3, 2005
UK/US
airmac said:
Why would I be angry to Viccles and why did you take it so personal? This forum is not about people, it*s about products and sharing experiences. I simply disagree about the product*s functionality. Like someone else said, this mouse is a fundamental flaw.

I didn't. I just think you misunderstood Viccles comment "no need to be nasty". I agree with you on the mouse - read my short review - but the fact is the other member was being unfair to Viccles as a member.

daneoni

macrumors G4
Original poster
Mar 24, 2006
Thanx for all the replies/reviews everyone. Decided to try the BTMM, if it sucks i'll return it and spring for the Radtech instead. Thanx again.

daneoni

macrumors G4
Original poster
Mar 24, 2006
Follow up: got the BTMM and i think people are right....it sucks. You need force to right click which strained my wrist alot. Shapely, it wasn't so ergonomic etc.

I returned it and might get the radtech or just forget wireless mice altogether.

Bengt77

macrumors 68000
Jun 7, 2002
Europe
daneoni said:
Follow up: got the BTMM and i think people are right....it sucks. You need force to right click which strained my wrist alot. Shapely, it wasn't so ergonomic etc.

I returned it and might get the radtech or just forget wireless mice altogether.
I suppose you mean the Radtech BT510 mouse? If it uses the same BT chip as the older BT500 mouse, it'll suck. I've used that one quite a bit and always tried to forgive it's humongous lag time, but couldn't do that any longer. Because yes, the BT500 has a serious lag time problem. It disconnects when you don't use it for half a minute or so (might be even shorter). Then most of the times, if you want to move the cursor again, it takes about a second (maybe even two) for it to connect itself again.

Hopeless mouse. So do some serious digging to find out if the BT510 uses the BT500's bluetooth chip. If so, avoid it at all cost.

I'm getting the BT Mighty Mouse for my birthday this weak, by the way. I'm curious. I've never been an avid Apple Pro Mouse user (came with my iMac G4), but I really want a good wireless mouse that doesn't still need to take up a USB port (as the RF mice do). Oh well, I'll just see how it is...

ironic23

macrumors 6502
Feb 8, 2006
Having used the BT MM since it was launched (this is the first time i am using a Mighty Mouse, wired or not) i find that it's an ok mouse. The right click can be very unresponsive at times although i haven't had any drops in signal/connection or any lags for that matter. The only big gripe i have is the right click. The scroll ball thing is just awesome to use although i'd prefer if it were 1mm bigger (maybe i have big fingers?). If it weren't for the clean look it has with my apple wireless keyboard i'd prolly have gone for another mouse. just my 2 cents.

gadgetgirl85

macrumors 68040
Mar 24, 2006
I find its a little uncomfortable the BTMM but its so pretty with my BT apple keyboard I dont mind sacrificing :) But in the comfort department my other microsoft wireless mouse on my PC is definitely more comfortable on the wrist.

daneoni

macrumors G4
Original poster
Mar 24, 2006
Bengt77 said:
I suppose you mean the Radtech BT510 mouse? If it uses the same BT chip as the older BT500 mouse, it'll suck. I've used that one quite a bit and always tried to forgive it's humongous lag time, but couldn't do that any longer. Because yes, the BT500 has a serious lag time problem. It disconnects when you don't use it for half a minute or so (might be even shorter). Then most of the times, if you want to move the cursor again, it takes about a second (maybe even two) for it to connect itself again.

Hopeless mouse. So do some serious digging to find out if the BT510 uses the BT500's bluetooth chip. If so, avoid it at all cost.

I'm getting the BT Mighty Mouse for my birthday this weak, by the way. I'm curious. I've never been an avid Apple Pro Mouse user (came with my iMac G4), but I really want a good wireless mouse that doesn't still need to take up a USB port (as the RF mice do). Oh well, I'll just see how it is...

Thanx for the heads up.

mduser63

macrumors 68040
Nov 9, 2004
Salt Lake City, UT
I'm going to buy a BT MM as soon as a local store gets one in stock (not even the Apple Store has them!), but I've owned the wired version since very shortly after it was released (I've got two now).

I love my Mighty Mouse. I have a MS Intellimouse Explorer on my G5, and while I don't hate it, it's not very comforable. My hand never tires using the MM, and the scrolling is perfect. Scrolling on a mouse is very important to me, and the MM's scroll ball is the best of any mouse I've ever used. The side buttons are useless, and I've had them disable since a few days after getting the mouse. My original MM has some trouble with the scroll ball clogging, but a good cleaning with rubbing alcohol usually fixes it fine. My newer Mighty Mouse, the one included with my iMac, has been working fine since I've had it. No clogging (yet).

After G

macrumors 68000
Aug 27, 2003
California
Nothing beats my Graphire Bluetooth tablet. That pop-up menu replaced so much button functionality for me ... can't go back now. I'll need to move up soon, though. But I like Bluetooth too much to move up.

Four buttons and a scroll wheel you say?
Try a button that accesses a customizable menu :D :p
Plus there's the mouse accessory with scroll wheel :)

I did have a wired MM though ... it died when I plugged it in my USB hub. It was a sad day... but then I got a tablet and haven't looked back.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.