What's the "correct" way to wear the watch?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by Globug, May 13, 2018.

1. Globug macrumors 6502

Globug

2. KrisLord macrumors 65816

I think which wrist you’ve got it on is also relevant.

Most of apples images show the watch with the crown on the top right.

3. SL4VE macrumors 6502

Top right crown. But wear it how you want, that's the beauty of it!

4. Lennyvalentin macrumors 65816

Lennyvalentin

That's not the right way. It is A way.

Crown top or bottom, left or right wrist is totally up to the user, it's configurable in the settings. It probably helps from a useability standpoint somewhat if people wear the watch with the crown towards their wrist and speaker and mic facing towards them, but even that isn't strictly necessary.

5. Darmok N Jalad macrumors 65816

Darmok N Jalad

I guess I never realized you could wear it another way. If I switched now, I'd just confuse myself. I think sleeves might have an effect on having it on the inside, but maybe not.

6. TiggrToo macrumors demi-goddess

TiggrToo

The correct way (crown in/out,left/right wrist) is whatever works for you - no matter how anyone else wears theirs. Period.

7. Kebabselector macrumors 68030

Kebabselector

No correct way - just personal preference. At least with the Apple Watch you can change it!

I usually wear the watch on my left wrist with the crown on the left side - this was to stop the buttons being pressed by my cycling gloves (was annoying) - since breaking my left wrist in a bike crash its more comfortable on the right wrist again with the crown away from my gloves. Hopefully in time the .5cm difference in the wrist due to inflammation with return to its normal size and I'll switch back.

8. Relentless Power macrumors Penryn

Relentless Power

Whatever which way the user prefers. No right or wrong answer obviously.

9. Newtons Apple macrumors Core

Newtons Apple

Does not matter which wrist if crown is up or down. I would try to keep the HR sensor facing towards your wrist rather than facing out. :rolleyes:

10. Endorphine88 macrumors 6502

Endorphine88

Any which way you prefer. I'm a righty but prefer to wear it on my right hand (crown out). For weight training at the gym I switch to left hand crown in - I perform various wrist movements when I'm doing weight training that end up pressing or turning the crown and messing up my volume or summoning Siri. I've also seen people wear it around their ankle but I'm not a fan