Whats the current Baseband with itune ?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by jigsb007, Jul 12, 2011.

1. jigsb007 macrumors 6502

hi,
    i have iphone 4 and till now i have preserve my baseband . its 2.10.4
    what do u say ? is it worth preserving it ? or its ok to go ahead and restore thru itune ?

i have restore my iphone using sn0wbreeze, but after searching lots of thereds, i have come to to conclusion that there wont be software unlock for iphone 4 thru Ultrasn0w.

So, do you guys recommend to fresh restore thru itune ? ( What i know, is by restoreing thru itune, my iphone will have FM 4.3.3 (jailbrakeble ) and BB ???? )

will Gevey work with the latest basebend from itune ?

2. labman macrumors 604

labman

1.59.00 is the only baseband worth preserving any other baseband is not unlockable! except Gevey sim

3. iLoyal macrumors regular

Yep, like Labman saids, go ahead and restore it; not to mention the fact that factory unlock iPhone4 is out in the U.S market already which causing the software unlock iPhone4 worth relatively same amount as locked iPhone 4...

And yes, from what I've heard, the new Gevey PRO unlocks the latest iPhone 4 with the 4.3.3 BB. It's really simple, just pop in the sim and good to go; dont have to bother with the steps and installation after ever reboot.

4. jigsb007 thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks,
    But its bit confusion as there are lots of kind Gevey sim available.
    which one is the latest one ? i bought gevey sim from AMazon.com and it was in red packing. its working till now, its been more then 6 months now.
    But, i have to do all steps again if i reboot.

which one is the latest ? Gevey sim Pro ? Gevey sim Pro Plus ? or Gevey Supreme ?

there is one it comes in yellow Packing.

Can anybody confirm ? i think i will buy one which doesnt required to do the steps again if you reboot.
    Also, will it support iOS5 ? or should i wait till iOS5 comes and then buy the lates gevey for iOS 5 ?

Thanks !

5. awadeee macrumors 68020

awadeee

Gevey is currently not supported by iOS5 as of beta 2.