What's the current value of a 24" iMac?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Jason4, Apr 8, 2010.

1. Jason4 macrumors newbie

My sister has a 24" iMac that she bought refurbed from Apple about a year ago. She no longer has a need for it and I need a computer of my own soon. I've been trying to hold out to find out what the next generation of MBP would have but I need to do something. I want to buy her computer from her at a fair value but neither of us really knows what that is. I checked Craigslist but most of the 24" iMacs in the area are higher spec'd than hers. Can you guys help me out?

It has the 2.66mhz C2D processor and 4gb of ram, iMac 9,1 identifier and I think it . Give me a ballpark number for this machine please. :)

Thanks.

2. Jason4 thread starter macrumors newbie

That was quick. Thank you.

I tried the search feature but it doesn't like " apparently and I figured that anything older than a month was probably out of date.

Does anyone know if that site tends to be pretty accurate? I know Kelly blue book values on cars always seem to be on the optimistic side.

Thanks again for the help.

3. techound1 macrumors 68000

techound1

mac2sell returns appreciably lower values that you find in the "completed sales" on eBay. Make your own call.

4. js81 macrumors 65816

js81

Mac2Sell.net is pretty accurate, yes. But like you said about KBB, I feel that they, too, tend to be "optimistic." :) Personally, I'd say about $900 - considering you can get the new 21.5" for $1099 after rebate from Macconnection (it has a faster processor, but a slightly smaller screen, though it does have the majority of the 24's resolution).

5. Badger^2 macrumors 68000

Badger^2

I think its always a couple hundred too much.

for example, $999 would get you a refurbished new model 21" iMac, 3.06 C2D, 500 gig drive, wireless KB/Mouse, 1 year warranty (can be extended to 3)

EDIT: js81 beat me by a minute =)

6. js81 macrumors 65816

js81

Boo-yah! :D

And the current model would hold its value longer since its not the "old one" yet.

And 4 RAM slots is the bomb-diggity! :p

7. Jason4 thread starter macrumors newbie

8. J&JPolangin macrumors 68030

...if she no longer has a need for it, have sis be a "great sis" and give it to you as your next B-day present...